About the job Sous Chef
The ideal Sous Chef will be experienced, with good knowledge of fresh food preparation. Working with fresh, locally sourced, seasonal ingredients, you will be enthusiastic and passionate, with a genuine desire to learn and progress.
As a Sous Chef, you will be working under the Head Chef whilst he/she is on site, and will be expected to cover them when they are not on site.
Why join St John's Staff Hire?
We are big enough to have brilliant industry contacts but small enough to offer you all of the personal touches. Getting you placed at a client that suits you matters to us: we want to make sure good people get good jobs.
At St John's Staff Hire we focus on having the best people join our team, and we reward the team by providing a high hourly rate of pay.
- Experienced in a similar role and fresh food environment, with a genuine commitment and passion for food, training and quality service
- Leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Awareness of financial budgets and goals
- Ability to take an active part in stock taking, ordering and menu design, including costing and development
- Ability to deliver second-to-none, exceptional food service - taking full responsibility for your section before, during and after service
- Ensuring the safety, security and appropriate storage, labelling and dating of all food stock following appropriate legislation and company policy
- Be a team player with good communication, time-keeping and organisational skills
- Confidence to be in control of the kitchen and all of its processes in the absence of the Head Chef
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Addressing and resolving diners’ and clients’ complaints quickly
- Set a brilliant example to follow, ensuring uniform is clean, your station is orderly and safe, food produced meets company quality standards, and time-keeping is exceptional
- Ensure all staff have performed the correct maintenance and cleaning of machinery
- Ensure all food used within the kitchen is in date and has been safely stored in accordance with company and health and safety guidelines
- Assist the Head Chef to consistently monitor and maintain operating costs in line with budgets and KPI's
The good bits!
Salary: Between £12 and £17 per hour, dependent on age and experience
Hours: 37.5+ hours per week
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
If you think you have the abilities, passion and temperament to make a difference please apply.