About the job Kitchen Porter
The Kitchen Porter is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen and prep areas, support of kitchen staff and the fast and immaculate turnover of kitchenware, tableware and glassware.
Why join St John's Staff Hire?
We are big enough to have brilliant industry contacts but small enough to offer you all of the personal touches. Getting you placed at a client that suits you matters to us: we want to make sure good people get good jobs.
At St John's Staff Hire we focus on having the best people join our team, and we reward the team by providing a high hourly rate of pay.
- Possess a cheery and helpful attitude
- Physically fit
- A fast learner with an interest in kitchen work
- Comply with good health and safety procedures
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Personal appearance must be clean and professional
- High attention to detail
Ensure the cleanliness of all items being washed
- Make sure work surfaces, floors and walls are always clean, sanitised and dry
- Perform additional basic kitchen tasks as required by client supervisor such as preparing vegetables
- Sweep and mop floors at the beginning and end of the shift
- Removal of waste from the kitchen at the end of each shift, and throughout the shift, as and when required
- Practice safe working habits, including bending and lifting appropriately to avoid injury, reporting hazards, appropriate use of chemicals and work to minimise slip and trip hazards
The good bits!
Salary: Between £10 and £12.50 per hour, dependent on age and experience
Hours: 37.5+ hours per week
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
If you think you have the abilities, passion and temperament to make a difference please apply.