About the job Commis Chef
The ideal Commis Chef will be experienced, with good knowledge of fresh food preparation. Working with fresh, locally sourced, seasonal ingredients, you will be enthusiastic and passionate, with a genuine desire to learn and progress.
As a Commis Chef, you will be given all the encouragement and training that you need to progress your career as a chef. You will be working under the Head Chef and Sous Chef(s) on-site at our clients.
Why join St John's Staff Hire?
We are big enough to have brilliant industry contacts but small enough to offer you all of the personal touches. Getting you placed at a client that suits you matters to us: we want to make sure good people get good jobs.
At St John's Staff Hire we focus on having the best people join our team, and we reward the team by providing a high hourly rate of pay.
- Experienced in a similar role and fresh food environment, with a genuine commitment and passion for food, training and quality service
- Ability to deliver second-to-none, exceptional food service - taking full responsibility for your section before, during and after service
- Ensuring the safety, security and appropriate storage, labelling and dating of all food stock following appropriate legislation and company policy
- Be a team player with good communication, time-keeping and organisational skills
- Be able to work at pace, with little supervision once allocated your tasks
- Assisting the team with stock control and operating the kitchen in line with budgets
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently
- Maintain a clean working station whilst adhering to health & safety standards
- Assist with the cleaning and organisation of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all food hygiene and safety standards
The good bits!
Salary: Between £10 and £14 per hour, dependent on age and experience
Hours: 37.5+ hours per week
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
If you think you have the abilities, passion and temperament to make a difference please apply.