About the job Administrative Secretary
An exciting opportunity for a highly organised Secretary to take up a busy secretarial and administrative role in the South Lakes, providing full support to the office’s Executive Assistant. This role comes with an abundance of variety, working across many of the diverse areas of this family owned group of businesses. Integrity, discretion and the ability to work on their own and as part of a team are essential, whilst ensuring a professional, diplomatic, courteous and friendly contribution.
This is an opportunity to work in an active environment. The role that will suit a positive and enthusiastic person with a can-do attitude, who wishes to advance their secretarial career.
The role will be varied and busy and a typical day may include, but is not limited to:
- Collating reports, presentations, Management and Board Meeting papers
- Complex business and personal diary management, including effective and cost efficient travel planning, currency provision, accommodation, visas and associated travel documentation
- Assisting in the implementation of and support with hosting bespoke events - fundraising dinners, private events, Trustee/Ministerial visits
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post
- Upkeep of critical Licenses and numerous Memberships
- Credit card and petty cash reconciliations
- Effective management of filing system
- Ordering stationery and office supplies as required
- Holiday cover
The successful applicant must have:
- Effective communication skills, written and oral, and an excellent understanding of Microsoft Office and all virtual platforms
- A flexible and adaptable approach to the role, which will include some evenings and Bank Holidays
- The ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines, being highly organised, efficient and accurate, with the added ability of being able to multitask
- The ability to use own initiative whilst taking relevant cognisance
- The ability to think ahead and anticipate needs
- The ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters
- A clean UK driving licence
Core hours will be:
9am–5pm with a 30 minutes unpaid lunch break.