About the job Software Test Engineer (Weifang, Guangzhou)
Develop software solutions to be used in mass production environment to build AR/VR products in contract manufacturer sites.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining software scripts for interfacing with hardware, processing data, logging test records, interacting with databases and restful services.
You will also be responsible for:
- Develop software solutions to perform testing on AR/VR products.
- Work closely with IT/InfoSec to plan requirements and execute the deployment of distributed test systems across multiple vendor sites and programs.
- Validate test SW releases, including repeatability and negative testing, and coordinate SW upgrades with CM/JDM partners.
- Perform troubleshooting and debugging test systems and automation solutions from a software and hardware perspective in full autonomy.
- Oversee rollout and validation of SW releases at manufacturing partners.
- Develop and modify test sequences including measurement and calibration algorithms.
- Take ownership of manufacturing test software and work with cross-functional teams to drive tasks to completion.
- Communicate test status and issues to the team. Present team and work updates in meetings with internal teams and CM.
- Support failure analysis on systems returned from the field and use data to improve test strategies and processes.
- Follow good software development practices.
The ideal candidate is a self-driven individual working in a cross-functional team environment and will be responsible for planning the design, development, and implementation of factory test software.
This position will require candidates to travel and support production activities at CM sites.
- Experience developing software that interfaces and controls hardware devices over USB/serial/network etc.
- Experience with hardware testing and debugging, including failure analysis.
- Experience with web technologies, such as REST, JSON, sockets
- Experience with networking and security systems.
- Knowledge developing solutions in Linux, Windows, MAC environments.
- Knowledge of cloud and database technologies such as AWS and SQL
- A track record of planning, executing and delivering on projects
Good to have skills
- Industry experience in architecture and development of scalable manufacturing software systems.
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- Unit testing and test-driven development experience.