About the job Senior Technical Architect
At Silicon Valley Insight (SVI) we invest heavily in our people and provide them with the flexibility required in this day and age. We empower every team member to reach their fullest potential, which helps us propel our company forward together. Were not just here to implement solutions and bill clients. Instead, we are here to help our clients build their future. If you are looking for meaningful work, SVI is the place for you!
We are looking for a Senior Technical Architect (STA) to join our rapidly growing and fully remote team. As an STA, you will be laying the foundation for world-class solutions. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a team, including solutions architects, designers, and developers, to bring about solutions that delight our clients.
To learn more about our culture and what you can expect at Silicon Valley Insight, check out our Careers page.
What You Will Be Doing
As part of a team, you will be shaping the right solution for the client with the right technology, at the right price point, and with the appropriate risk profile. Heres what that will include:
- Conducting discovery by identifying pain points, business and technical requirements, and as is and to be scenarios
- Performing market research for potential packaged software solutions
- Working with Solution Architects and Engineer to create statements of work (SoW) and proposals, including documenting requirements, activities, deliverables, schedules, assumptions, and governances
- Presenting findings and recommendations to clients
- Guiding and mentoring engineering teams on architecture, design, and integration of business software across multiple product platforms while ensuring solutions are built with performance, scalability and resiliency in mind.
- Training Engineering workforce on DevOps principles and Development frameworks & best practices
- Contribute to the consistency and the sustainability of all solutions and systems developed and maintained by SVI
What We Look For
The best candidate for this role will have the proven ability to align different technologies and different concepts together in one single technical design, leveraging both hard and soft skills:
- 7+ years of experience in designing and building enterprise scale distributed solutions
- 5+ years of experience in domain modelling, system design, cloud architectures & integration patterns
- Practical experience in designing and building Microservices & REST API's. Experience with distributed caching, event-driven and streaming frameworks preferred.
- Experienced in designing and building highly scalable, distributed & secure solutions that run in a cloud environment such as Azure
- Experienced in both relational and non-relational data stores
- Expert hands-on experience in one of the following
- Technologies such as Spring Boot, Microservices, API Management, Event Streaming, Cloud-Native Patterns, Observability & Performance optimizations
- Data modelling, Master and Operational Data Stores, Data ingestion & distribution patterns, ETL / ELT technologies, Relational and Non-Relational DB's, DB Optimization patterns
- Demonstrable experience in evaluating off the shelf and third party software solutions and integration options based on unique client requirements
- Solid communication skills including the ability to develop meaningful schematics, data models, topologies and architecture diagrams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information Systems
Benefits We Offer
- A fully remote work environment
- Limited travel
- Flexible scheduling and work options
- Five weeks PTO
- Competitive salary and cash bonuses
- Dedicated learning and development budget to invest in you
- Health and retirement benefits
- Unique wellbeing support and initiatives, from Calm App subscription to paid gym memberships
- Paid 30 and 60 day sabbatical
- Generous annual technology allowance
- Full day off for your birthday
More perks and benefits will be disclosed during the interview process.
SVI is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status.
You must be authorized to work in the United States.