Job Openings Manager, IT Infra and Support
About the job Manager, IT Infra and Support
1). Position Summary
The IT Infrastructure Managers role is to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, installation, and connectivity of computer and network systems to ensure the stable operation of the organizations IT assets. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all new and existing network hardware, software, and communication links. The IT Infrastructure Manager will also schedule and direct the activities of a team of infrastructure specialists to resolve end user hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
2). Key Responsibilities
- Assess, approve, and administer all equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of servers, including e-mail, print, and backup servers, and their associated operating systems and software.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, UPSs, and so on.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, antivirus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organizations executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
- Approve and administer user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Perform other duties/tasks/projects relevant as required or assigned.