About the job Human and Social Service Assistant and Certified Medical Assistants (Towson, Randallstown and Throughout Baltimore County)
Human and Social Service Assistants and Certified Medical Assistants needed for our government client in Towson. The Human and Social Service Assistants will provide case management assistance to home energy clients for the Towson location. The Human and Social Service Assistants for will provide case management services to the elderly for the Randallstown location. The Certified Medical Assistants will be responsible for assisting Clinicians with client care, performing appropriate procedures, preparing rooms and equipment. Please note the Certified Medical Assistant positions will be working on our subcontractor's payroll.
Six to twelve month contract positions. The non-negotiable pay rate is $18.00 per hour for Towson, $18.50 for Randallstown and $19.50 for the Certified Medical Assistants.
Human and Social Service Assistants Essential Duties Only:
- Process necessary documents for compliance with regulations.
- Assists clients in correctly completing forms; reviews forms for accuracy and requests additional information as needed.
- Calculates eligibility and answers questions regarding eligibility.
- Answers telephone; respond to questions or routes calls to correct party.
- Reviews client files to ensure that all documents are signed and completed per contract compliance.
- Provides information and referral to Community Service Agencies.
- Enters information on the computer in specialized format, including application, program or financial data.
- Receives and routes incoming mail; may deliver mail to Post Office and maintain mail log.
Certified Medical Assistants Essential Duties only:
- Escorts clients to rooms, takes history and vitals.
- Assists Clinicians with examinations, assists with procedures as requested. Prepares clients for procedures performed in the office.
- Cleans exam rooms and equipment, performing sterilization procedures as necessary. Keeps exam rooms properly stocked with medical supplies, forms, and other materials needed.
- Triages phone calls, documents information from clients via telephone, relays information to clinicians for response. Places return calls as directed by clinicians.
- Prepares clients charts/records prior to scheduled visits with the required forms and by gathering pertinent medical information Contacts outside medical offices and testing facilities to obtain records for visits as necessary.
- Completes all necessary documentation during visits.
- Assists in specimen collection. Labels specimens, accurately completes, and submits requisitions to appropriate lab.
- Orders and maintains clinical supplies for department. Places orders as needed.
- Administers testing and injections as ordered by the clinician.
- Accurately and thoroughly enters scheduling data. No shows/cancellations/add-ons are always documented. All demographics are accurate and entered properly. Insurance verification is completed for all clients.
- Provides training support for newly hired Medical Assistants.
- Teaches and demonstrates standards for good customer services and acts as a resource person for information on center functions and standard operating procedures.
Certified Medical Assistants Qualifications only:
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent education is required.
- Must be a graduate/certificate of completion from an accredited medical assistant program. A waiver for this requirement may be considered for candidates who have successfully completed a higher level of medical education.
- At least three years of medical assistance experience is required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, use, care and maintenance of medical instructions is required.
- A license in RMA administered by American Medical Technologists (AMT), CMA administered by American Association of Medication Assistants (AAMA), CCMA administered by national Healthcare Association (NHA) or NCMA administered by national Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) is required.
- Current CPR certification from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross is required.
- Must be able to work a rotating schedule Monday through Friday from 8:00 am-4:00 pm and a rotating Saturday schedule from 8:00 am-12:00 noon. Some evenings may be required.
- Must be able to work throughout Baltimore County.
Human and Social Service Assistants Qualifications Only:
- At least six months of case management experience is required. At least six months of case management experience with the elderly is required for the Randallstown location.
- A Certificate or Degree in Human Services may substitute some of the experience only for the Towson location.
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills along with a Typing speed of at least 40 wpm is required.
- Must be able to work from 8:00 am-4:30 pm Monday through Friday with a 30 minute non paid lunch in Towson. The work schedule for the Randallstown location is 8:30 am-4:30 pm Monday through Friday with a 30 minute non paid lunch.
- All work is performed on site.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.