About the job Administrative Clerks and Part Time Data Entry Assistants (Baltimore City and Fairfax, VA)
The Administrative Clerks and Part Time Data Entry Assistants needed for our nonprofit clients in Baltimore City and Fairfax, Virginia. The Administrative Clerks will answer phones, scan, type letters and maintain calendars. The Part Time Data Entry Assistants will help maintain student/tutor paper and electronic records. Six month contract positions with possible extension or contract to hire consideration. Openings available in Baltimore City and Fairfax, Virginia. The non-negotiable pay rate are $15.75 per hour for Baltimore City and $16.25 per hour for Fairfax, Virginia.
Administrative Clerk Essential Duties Only:
- Answers Departmental phones and direct callers to the appropriate personnel.
- Set up and maintain a variety of reports and review for accuracy.
- Maintain flow and output of work.
- Scans confidential health documents.
- Types letters and forms.
- Assist with issuing employee badges.
- Enters and forward documents as required.
- Submits reports and logs in a timely fashion.
Part Time Data Entry Assistant Essential Duties Only:
- Enter data for current and prospective students/tutors in program across all stages of their relationship with DTP in both database and paper files.
- Update both database and paper files with new information as it becomes available or according to schedule.
- Correct and modify errors in database records as discovered and conduct routine review of electronic records to ensure complete and accurate information.
- Run basic reports on database upon request and to provide regular monthly/weekly updates.
- Comply with privacy and security protocols to ensure data (source files) is stored properly and confidentiality is protected.
- Organize paper formats, paper backups, and material source files as needed.
- Review paper files to identify those past required retention dates, and mark files for destruction.
- Advise staff of any issues with database and suggest changes as appropriate to make data management as efficient, accurate and up to date as possible.
Administrative Clerks Qualifications Only:
- Must have at least one year of administrative experience.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to handle confidential data.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills are required along with a Typing speed of at least 40 wpm.
- Must be able to work from 8:00 am-4:00 pm (Baltimore City) and 10:00 am-6:00 (Fairfax, Virginia) Monday through Friday with a 30 minute non paid lunch.
- All work is performed on site.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Part Time Data Entry Assistants Qualifications Only:
- At least one year of administrative and/or office experience is required. Some completed coursework may substituted the required work experience. High School Diploma is required.
Must have the ability to work efficiently and accurately to enter data. Ability to work efficiently and accurately enter data .
- Must have excellent
written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook)
- Experience with FileMaker Pro a plus but not essential.
- Experience with Constant Contact or other email marketing software a plus.
- Must be able to work 3 days a week (Monday through Wednesday or Tuesday through Thursday) from 8:30 am-4:30 pm with a 30 minute non paid lunch.
- All work is performed on site in Northwest Baltimore City.