About the job Accounting and Bookkeeper Assistant
Accounting Clerk needed for our education and information technology clients in Baltimore City and Anne Arundel County. The Accounting and Bookkeeper Assistant will reconcile accounts, process invoices and enter payroll. Three month contract position with possible extension. The non negotiable pay rate is $13.50 per hour for Baltimore City and $19.50 for Anne Arundel County.
- Enters data, record and verify details of transportation financial transactions in journals, ledgers, and automated systems.
- Receives and verifies monies, prepares receipts and makes deposits.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing reports.
- Makes computations for and prepare invoices and other documents.
- Process payroll (Anne Arundel County only).
- Contacts vendors, departmental personnel, grant recipients and others to obtain and provide information and resolve discrepancies.
- At least six months of basic accounting or bookkeeping experience is required.
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills along with a Typing speed of at least 40 wpm are required.
- Quickbooks experience is required (Anne Arundel County only).
- Must be able to work from 9:00 am-5:00 pm or 10:00 am-6:00 pm (on site in Baltimore City) or 8:00 am-4:00 pm (on site in Anne Arundel County) Monday through Friday with a 30 minute non paid lunch.
- All work is performed on site.
- Must be able to pass a FBI background check and drug test.