About the job Accounting Clerk, Account Clerk and Bookkeeper Assistant
Accounting Clerk, Account Clerk and Bookkeeper Assistant needed for our education and information technology clients in Baltimore City, Towson and Glen Burnie. The Accounting Clerk will reconcile accounts and process invoices. The Account Clerk will enter payment requests and prepares daily receipts. The Bookkeeper Assistant will process invoices and payroll. These are three month contract positions with possible extension. The non negotiable pay rate is $13.50 per hour for the Accounting Clerk, $13.15 for the Account Clerk and $19.50 for the Bookkeeper Assistant.
- Enters data, record and verify details of transportation financial transactions in journals, ledgers, and automated systems.
- Receives and verifies monies, prepares receipts and makes deposits.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing reports (Glen Burnie only).
- Makes computations for and prepare invoices and other documents.
- Process payroll (Glen Burnie only).
- Contacts vendors, departmental personnel, grant recipients and others to obtain and provide information and resolve discrepancies. (Baltimore City only).
- At least six months of basic accounting experience is required for the Accounting and Account Clerk positions.
- At least one year of bookkeeping and payroll experience along with Quickbooks skills is needed for the Bookkeeper Assistant position.
- Microsoft Word and Excel skills along with a Typing speed of at least 40 wpm are required (Accounting Clerk and Bookkeeper Assistant only).
- Must be able to work from 9:00 am-5:00 pm or 10:00 am-6:00 pm (Accounting Assistant), 8:30 am-4:30 pm (Account Clerk) or 8:00 am-4:00 pm (Bookkeeper Assistant) Monday through Friday with a 30 minute non paid lunch.
- All work is performed on site.
- Must be able to pass a FBI background check and drug test.