About the job Top Secret Clearance Software Engineers (Annapolis Junction, MD)
Software Engineers needed for our federal government contractor in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. The Software Engineers will be analyzing user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements. Current Top Secret Clearance with full scope polygraph is required. No exceptions. Direct hire positions. Salary range $100,000 to $120,000.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- 7 years of experience as a software engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- 4 years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- An Active Current Top Secret Clearance with Full Scope Polygraph is required. No exceptions.
- Must be able to work 40 hours a week Monday through Friday.
- All work is performed on site with no work from home options.