About the job Fiscal Services Officers (Downtown Baltimore and Southeast Baltimore City)
The Fiscal Services Officers needed for our government client. The Fiscal Services Officers will generate financial reports, reconcile accounts and calculate budgets. One year contract positions. The non-negotiable pay rate is $26.00 per hour. Openings are in Downtown Baltimore and Southeast Baltimore City.
- Performs all fiscal services for one or more government facilities in accordance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Participates in the preparation of the operating budget by reviewing program requests for format, fund limitations and compliance with departmental-and agency instructions and by calculating and verifying actual expenditures and budget figures.
- Compiles supporting fiscal and statistical data for presentation of the budget to departmental budget specialists.
- Monitors expenditures, prepares periodic and special budget projections and recommends adjustments in budget appropriations to meet operational necessities.
- Modifies and implements manual and automated fiscal systems in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and departmental and control agency guidelines and oversees accounting operations.
- Prepares and analyzes periodic and special reports to meet departmental funding source requirements and to keep management advised of the fiscal status of the agency.
- Conducts the annual fiscal year end closeout in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Provides information to auditors reviewing the fiscal services unit and develops and implements corrective action plans resulting from audit exceptions.
- Must have at two years year of experience in a accounting or finance role.
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel along with a Typing speed of at least 45 wpm.
- Must be able to work from 8:00 am-4:30 pm Monday through Friday with a 30 minute non paid lunch.
- All work is performed on site.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.