Job Openings Human Resources Assistant and Analyst (Towson)
About the job Human Resources Assistant and Analyst (Towson)
Human Resources Assistants and Analysts needed for our government client in Towson, MD. The Human Resource Assistants will provide recruitment and employee relations support. The Human Resource Analysts will prepare job postings, attend job fairs, schedule testing and generate reports. Six month contract position. The non-negotiable pay rates are $17.00 per hour for the Human Resource Assistants and $19.00 per hour for the Human Resource Analysts.
- Prepares job postings for assigned agencies.
- Posts vacancies on applicable job boards and websites.
- Reviews employment applications and recommends acceptance or rejection based on established minimum qualifications for positions.
- Participates in development of examinations, including written, oral and performance exams and ratings of training and experience.
- Administers employment examinations.
- Provides information to applicants regarding job opportunities and application procedures.
- Notifies candidates of their eligibility to sit for promotional exams.
- Prepares final eligible lists and refers top candidates to hiring agencies for interview.
- Reviews and approves Interview Summary Form (ISF) comments for job relatedness prior to final submission to Chief of Recruitment and Talent Acquisition. Proofs test booklets and score reports for accuracy.
- Assists with packing test materials, collecting and securing test papers and answer keys, and creating and storing confidential testing materials.
- Attends job fairs and other recruitment events.
- Assists in interpreting applicable personnel law, rules and regulations, policies and procedures, and memos of understanding.
- Prepares draft correspondence and reports.
- Processes confidential reports; researches and gathers data; prepares and maintains related statistical information.
- Supports the HR staff with various tasks such as, preparing agendas, PowerPoint presentations, and calendars; reserving rooms for meetings, sending FedEx shipments, and placing urgent calls as needed.
- Maintains I-9 forms and ensures proper documentation.
- Performs monthly audits to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Create and maintain staff personnel and FML files in the ATS system.
- Process written employment and wage verification forms.
- Answer routine and basic questions from employees and departments.
- At least one year of human resources administration experience is required for the Human Resources Analyst positions. In addition, a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Public Administration is required for the Human Resources Analyst positions.
- At least six months of human resources support experience is needed for the Human Resources Assistant positions. A Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Public Administration may substitute experience for the Human Resources Assistant experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint along with a Typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Must be able to pass a FBI background check and drug test.
- Must be able to work from 8:30 am-4:30 pm Monday through Friday with a 30 minute non paid lunch.
- All work is performed on site.