About the job Buyer (Baltimore City and Hanover)
Buyer needed for our education client and government clients. The Buyer will procure the services of supplies and equipment. Six month to one year contract position. Locations include Baltimore City and Hanover, Maryland. The non-negotiable pay rate is $25.00 per hour.
- Drafting bid notifications, amendments and solicitations.
- Conducting pre-bid conferences.
- Identifying contract awards and debriefing unsuccessful bidders.
- Prioritizes the execution of purchase orders, purchase requisitions and evaluates purchase requests.
- Ensures supplier's compliance for assigned commodities with pricing templates that are maintained on the Commodities website.
- Investigates and resolves problems between agencies and vendors concerning the provision of commodities and services.
- Maintains files and databases used in the procurement process.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies according to state and federal laws.
- At least three years of experience as a Buyer or a Procurement Specialist ideally in a medium to large size infrastructure environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field is required.
- Proficient Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written skills are required.
- Must be able to work from 8:00 am-4:30 pm Monday through Friday with a 30 minute non paid lunch.
- All work is performed on site.
- Must be able to pass a national or FBI background check.