About the job Manager - Accounting
Job Title: Manager
Location: Montreal, QC
Reports to: Senior Manager
Job Type: Full-time
As a Manager, you will play a pivotal role in our firm's success by overseeing and managing various client engagements. You will be responsible for completing year-end compilation engagements, preparing corporate and personal tax returns, and preparing financial statements.
Your key responsibilities as a Manager be:
- Lead and manage year-end compilation engagements for a portfolio of clients.
- Review financial statements, ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting standards.
- Prepare and review corporate and personal tax returns, including complex tax situations.
- Stay updated on changes in tax laws and regulations to ensure compliance and maximize tax benefits for clients.
- Maintain strong client relationships through regular communication and timely responses to inquiries.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to a team of staff accountants and junior professionals.
- Support and implement training programs to enhance team members' skills in areas such as workflows, accounting, and tax.
- Perform regular reviews of workpapers and documentation to ensure accuracy and compliance.
As a Manager, you will ideally have the following skills and attributes:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license required.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in public accounting, with a focus on compilations, engagements, and tax preparation.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, tax regulations, and financial reporting standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven leadership and team management abilities.
- Proficiency in accounting software and tax preparation software.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Experience of working with The Volkswagen Group brands would be desirable but is not mandatory (excellent training can be provided).
Whats in it for you?
With our benefits there is something good for everyone. We're a progressive business that believes building a good team culture is not only good for everyone who works for us but it makes a difference to how we engage with customers too. That's why when you join our client, you can expect to receive a wide range of impressive employee benefits including:
- Competitive salary, bonuses and comprehensive benefits package.
- Professional development opportunities and support for continuing education.
- A collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Opportunities for career advancement within a growing firm.
Welcome to the world of Talen7 Workforce! Since our establishment in 2016, we have proudly made our name as a renowned Canadian-based recruitment firm. Our commitment lies in identifying and securing talented enthusiasts who perfectly align with your specific requirements. With a global presence across Canada, the US, UK, Australia, and Johannesburg, our reach has now extended to Bangladesh.
We take pride in our work as we create cultural ties with different groups and bring them together in a diversified community. This magic happens when our recruitment professionals and clients meet. Our recruitment professionals possess valuable knowledge and networks of high-level connections in their respective fields. Their expertise is used to understand a client's perspective, their issues and needs. With our consultative approach, we build a bridge between forward-thinking clients and dynamic job candidates through our specialized verticals.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
We promote a workplace culture where all employees feel safe to be themselves in an environment that values diversity, equity, harmony and inclusion. We strive to hire people from all walks of life and our policies reflect this commitment by providing each applicant and employee with the same respect, support, and opportunities.
Please note that this job description is intended to provide a general overview of the primary responsibilities associated with this position. The dynamic nature of our activities requires employees to be flexible and open to undertaking indefinite yet relevant responsibilities. Such responsibilities may change to accommodate the evolving needs of the organization.