Operations Manager - General
The Operations Manager will deliver the objectives and goals for the assigned project through effective project development and safe execution.
- Lead project scoping, concept selection, execution planning and execution of assigned Projects as required.
- Develop project objectives for safety, schedule, cost and operability.
- Coordinate all front-end work leading up to the execution phase of the project.
- Oversee all detailed engineering, procurement, construction and start-up activities.
- Coordinate review & approval of design deliverables from engineering contractors.
- Responsible for cost and schedule of assigned projects, including timely and accurate cost and schedule forecasting.
- Expected to frequently interface with Functional and Operational leadership to coordinate resources and resolve project issues as they occur.
- Ensure stakeholders are updated and aligned as required during conceptual developments and relevant project checkpoints to enable effective and efficient funding approvals.
- Responsible for meeting requirement for the *Project Management Guidelines.
- Improve cross-team gaps for all projects, including gaps in processes and communication to ensure the successful end to end project delivery.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of project management and delivery, including experience consulting for and/or working with production or manufacturing businesses.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, management, administrative, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Experience implementing sound decisions when faced with multi-faceted problems.
Project Delivery Funding Approvals Consulting Deliverables Forecasting Manufacturing Contractors Procurement Construction Project Management Leadership Planning Engineering Design Communication Management