About the job Assistant Designer
We're here to make you feel sexy, empowered & UNSTOPPABLE. Founded in 1984, Tally Weijl has been on a crazy journey to celebrate fashion, independence, fun, love, & community for close to 40 years. Today were present in 35 markets with over 700+ stores, online presence, and 3m+ fans across social channels.
Show us how #UNSTOPPABLE you are!
Fashion Design Internship
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Fashion Design team in our Campus in Basel!
In this position you will assist the design team across categories actively participating in the daily routine of our creative designers, from researching, creating trend boards, Sketching, creating spec Designs, fabric sourcing, keeping all activities into track. Our Gen Z customer is all about fun, sexiness and a confident attitude. We believe in those who are passionate about music, art and culture, those who are always hyper-connected with their friends and communities. If you are obsessed by trends and culture in general and want to be part of a fast-paced design team, we would love to hear from you. We want individuals who dont just demand change; theyre making it happen.
Your Day to Day
- As a Design Intern you will be assisting the Senior Designer across all seasonal and fast to market ranges collections that have the perfect combination of being commercial but also fun, bringing your first hand knowledge as a Gen Z influencer.
- Working as part of a team, researching, and developing product across multi-product categories specifically for the Tally Weijl Customer
- Thoroughly research seasonal themes and inspirations, shape, fabric and colour concepts in collaboration with the senior designer
- Participate in fittings and support in following product through from concept to production as part of wider team
- Help with organising product for design meetings and product sign offs
- Creating C.A.D.s based on the description / brief given
- Tech pack creation, editing & updating seasonal collection plans
You Will be
- Knowledge and Interest in Current Fashion Trends Minimum
- Passionate, individual, inclusive
- Naturally confident with a positive attitude
- You live and breathe fashion and are passionate about product
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast paced environment
- Super organized, and work with initiative
- Resilient by nature
- Curious and continuous learning mindset
- A good sense of humour
- We are a multi national team however strong English is essential
- Excellent computer skills, including Photoshop, Adobe & Illustrator.
- Highly organised, pro-active, and able to take the initiative.
- Good time-management with the ability to prioritise tasks and work to multiple deadlines.
- Trend-focused with an eye for detail.
- Flexible working approach, diligent and able to adapt to the needs of the team.
- Great understanding of the Tally Weijl brand and customer.
- Strong Team player and passionate for the brand and its success.
Our Internships are focused on Full time employment . Your will be introduced in a Developement program and if at the end of the 6 Month the perfomance will satisfactory on Both Parts , you could be offered full time employment !
YOUR BENEFITS WITH US
- International work experience in a young and fast moving environment
- modern IT infrastructure with SAP FI/CO, BW, BPC, HANA, Analytics
- Working place in the center of Basel
- Career development opportunities
- 50% Discount on our TALLY Collection
- totally TALLY Events
Would you like to become a part of our fashion story and an enthusiastic member of our TALLY Family? Then share your individual talent with us and send us your application and a handwritten motivation letter now to Carlotta Actis Barone