About the job Teacher Fellow
About the Fellowship Program
It is a two-year leadership development program where promising Filipinos who are passionate about building the nation through education develop themselves as transformational teachers and leaders who improve student learning outcomes, spark positive changes in public school communities, and contribute to education reform. Teacher Fellows are physically deployed to one public school for two years.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Teacher Fellow
- Teaches DepEd subjects as assigned by School Head/Principal
- Teaches literacy and numeracy as part of TFP's Functional Literacy Program
- Engages with public and private stakeholders in the community
- Participates in personal and professional development opportunities
- Facilitates sessions on life skills development as part of TFP's Batang Bayani Program during their first year in the Fellowship
- Plans and executes a community engagement project through TFP's COMET Program during their second year in the Fellowship
Benefits of a Teacher Fellow
- A monthly salary of Php 21,000 subject to applicable taxes and deductions
- A monthly chalk allowance of Php 3,000 and a monthly communication allowance of Php 1,000
- A one-time uniform privilege of Php 5,000 at the start of the first school year in the program
- 18 Education units from a partner university paid for by TFP (for non-Education graduates)
- Eligibility to take the Licensure Examination for Professional Teachers (for non-Education graduates)
- Over 500 hours of training and individualized coaching on self-management, content and pedagogical skills, project and stakeholder management, data analysis and reporting, and leadership development
- Access to well-being training, resources, and psychosocial services through TFPs in-house Human Development Manager and partner psychosocial service provider
- Access to an Instructional Coaching Manager who monitors and supports your performance and development in the program
- Access to a network of mentors, career coaches, Alumni, and resources to guide you in articulating your post-Fellowship Program goals and developing plans toward these
- Opportunity to develop skills in and learn further about facets of public service such as policy reform and community development as well as synergize with government offices and Alumni network through the Alumni Ambassadors Program
- Continued involvement in the movement for education equity through engagement, collaboration, and support from and with the Alumni network
- Opportunity to work with public school communities, local government and DepEd Division partners from across the Philippines
- Opportunity to work with and learn from a cohort of education advocates from different parts of the Philippines
- Opportunity to work with a hardworking, highly engaged, collaborative, and talented team
- Access to a global network of education advocates
- Filipino Citizenship
- Bachelor's Degree obtained by August 2023 at the latest
- Competent English and Filipino Skills (Oral and Written)
- Willingness to be deployed in a public school community anywhere in the Philippines for two years
- Alignment with TFP Core Values
We focus on the mission.
We work as a team to deliver excellent results.
We roll up our sleeves and persevere to get the job done.
We act with integrity, respect, and kindness, especially in the face of ambiguity.
We listen and learn from everyone and everything.
We build and value strong partnerships.
Problem Solving & Decision Making
Planning & Execution
Content and Pedagogical Knowledge
1. SUBMIT A FULL APPLICATION FORM. Help us get to know you better through your personal, academic, work, and extracurricular experiences. Due to the volume of applications we receive each year, our Admissions Team will only be able to reach out to candidates who passed the initial screening.
2. PARTICIPATE IN A VIRTUAL ASSESSMENT CENTER. Time to showcase your leadership potential! In the vAC, you will be asked to participate in a variety of activities including a group activity, a short teaching demonstration, and a panel interview.
3. PREPARE FOR THE FINAL INTERVIEW. Meet with a member of our Senior Leadership Team and expound further on your motivations and relevant experiences.
4. SUMMER INSTITUTE. Get yourself ready for your two-year journey! The two-month Summer Institute is the last stage of the admissions process for the program.
Completing an Application Form
1. In completing the application form, you will be asked questions about your personal information, contact details, eligibility, and the reason for applying to the Fellowship Program. Additionally, information about your educational, employment, and/or organizational background will be asked. Please prepare to share a brief description of your work and leadership experience relative to these.*
2. Towards the end of your application form, you will be required to attach a copy of your resume. Kindly ensure that you have your resume in a PDF file ready for attachment.
3. Fields with an asterisk (*) at the end are required fields and you need to answer the question to proceed and submit your application.
4. It will take at least 20 to 40 minutes to complete the application form. Please make sure that you have access to a stable internet connection and that you allot enough time to submit your application.
*Leadership experience is not limited to titled leadership positions; this may include any events, activities, projects, or organizations in which you exercised leadership skills. Similarly, teaching experience may include events and activities in which you took on the role of a teacher, tutor, or mentor.
Want to know more about Teach for the Philippines?
Visit our website at https://teachforthephilippines...