Job Openings Lead DevOps (Azure) Engineer
About the job Lead DevOps (Azure) Engineer
- People management responsibilities for a small team of DevOps Engineers.
- Primarily responsible for interviewing, onboarding, mentoring and all people management responsibilities, ensuring the team is properly supported, happy, and achieving delivery excellence.
- Provide thought leadership and DevOps best practices to bring development and IT operations processes, people and tools closer together - in order to increase the speed, security, efficiency and quality with which we deliver technical solutions to our clients.
- Audit and make recommendations and improvements on current environments as needed – including all operational aspects of a client environment from application, infrastructure, network, security and so on.
- Create technical governance for technology operations for managed client environments and solely drive regular cadence with Client Partners, Customer Success Managers, and CTO.
- Provide solution expertise during pre & post-sales and effectively articulate the technology operations value for clients’ environments.
- Provide DevOps toolset for automation and deployment to Architech client projects:
o Build, release and manage configurations of production systems.
o Implement DevOps principles such as continuous integration, automation, and deployment with complex applications & solutions.
o Deploy, automate, manage and monitor cloud-based systems to ensure high availability, performance, scalability and security.
o Troubleshoot issues across various platforms, networks and application domains
o Analyze and resolve application issues using logs, database queries, monitoring tools, server configurations, etc.
o Perform system recovery processes and tooling as needed.
- Collaborate with different teams to meet project objectives.
- Be available outside normal business hours for your team and clients to support managed operations.
- 10 + years DevOps Engineering experience including managing a team of Support and DevOps Engineers.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Professional or CNCF Certified CKA preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with technologies such as Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM Templates, Github Actions, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Helm and Bash/Python.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines, automating infrastructures and entire delivery pipelines, along with experience & expertise in deployments.
- Possess significant experience executing and managing automated software deployments.
- Excellent understanding of software development methodologies/standards, complex application domains, building strategies and processes.
- Extensive knowledge on cloud, and experience building and running Azure/AWS infrastructure.
- Extensive experience with a variety of DevOps tools including build/automation, configuration management and container orchestration.
- Extensive and excellent client-facing skills.
- Must be a team player, and this will be demonstrated through setting team members up for success.