About the job EC01. Business Application Support Analyst
The Trading Systems Support Analyst will join a global Trading Systems team and will be based in Istanbul.
The selected candidate will be dealing with end-user issues/queries and the primary role will be to provide 1st and 2nd level functional support to business users. The focus will be on business critical applications, trading systems covering a variety of commodities, such as Oil , gas, power, metals , agriculture, etc. Will also work with the Global Service Desk (GSD) on user issues escalation and other business applications support analysts. When required, also contribute on new projects/enhancement requests delivering new functionality.
- Liaises internally and build close, collaborative relationships with users, IT focal points and users within the business areas in Istanbul and other offices globally.
Trading and Operations Systems Support:
- Provide 2nd Level support within the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA), via the use of telephone and other collaborative tools, such as email and instant-messaging.
- Demonstrate service-oriented approach, an understanding of the customers business needs and be able to achieve and maintain high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Ensure all incoming incidents/calls are logged, responded to promptly and pay attention to detail, escalated and closed in a timely manner (as per SLA), using the internal service management tool.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships in a service oriented manner.
- Ensure that sufficient accurate information is contained within incident reports to promote the development of the ICT Knowledge Base and increase incident resolution rate.
- Be responsible for the monitoring to resolution and timely escalation where necessary, of relevant incidents and requests.
- In a proactive manner, ensure that correct resolutions are found and where not possible, escalate to appropriate Resolution Groups in addressing incidents in a timely manner.
- Ensure the users/requestors are regularly updated on their calls/requests until closure.
- Escalate any complaints or potential issues to the Business Analysis & Trading Systems Support Team lead and / or Global Service Desk Lead where appropriate.
- Contribute and assist when required on the compilation of Test Plans, execution of systems testing and configuration of automated testing tools.
- Manage client expectations effectively.
Standards, Policies and Processes:
- Will have good understanding and follow the ITIL based, service management processes;
- Should understand and adhere to standards, SLAs and policies, which must be followed and guide users accordingly.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Formal education, ideally at University level or equivalent level of certification and experience.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of previous relevant professional experience.
- Candidates must possess some experience in supporting CTRM/ETRM, Trading (Physical/Financial) and related tools with knowledge of at least one of the following commodities (Oil products, Gas, Power, Coal, Emissions, Agriculture) and has the ability to learn.
- Strong SQL skills. Ability to debug/write stored procedures.
- Experience of providing excellent Customer Service to a local and global user base.
- Team player with ability to exercise flexibility, demonstrate initiative for ensure the business support needs are met in a proactive manner with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills, especially communication, able to communicate technical solutions to non-technical users, in a multi cultured working environment and able to cope in stressful/difficult/conflict situations in a serviced oriented manner.
- Highly organized and possess analytical and problem solving skills.
- Be self-motivated and creative and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Knowledge of Trading related and processes, especially Physical Oil-Trading; or/and Global Energy
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office software and other related data analysis tools.
- General skills on ICT technologies.
- Understanding of database design, SQL and Report generation within business applications.
- Experience in writing Code/Scripts to automate daily EOD processes and setup feeds.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Business Analysis and related techniques experience, especially in the energy/trading sector will be an advantage.
- Experience using/supporting commercial shipping software, preferably IMOS.
- Other languages in addition to English will be useful but not mandatory, e.g. French.
- Certifications/experience on any of the following will be very useful: Microsoft software technologies, Software design, development and testing methodologies / concepts, Project management, ITIL.
- Technical knowledge of applications and database design/development techniques.