Job Openings EC1. NatGas Business Analyst
About the job EC1. NatGas Business Analyst
- Liaises internally and build close, collaborative relationships with his users base: Traders(FO), OPS, MO, Back-office but also the surrounding business areas (Accounting, Credit..)
- Be part of large IT Programme of over 100 people (BA, DEV & QA) working in the development of this CTRM and its modules.
- Demonstrate service-oriented approach, an understanding of the customers business needs and be able to achieve and maintain high customer satisfaction ratings.
- Manage client expectations effectively.
- Developing forward-thinking systems and features within the CTRM and outside (i.e Reporting /BI tools)
- Design integrated solutions with other product owners across locations.
- Work hand-in-hand with a dedicated team of C# (wpf) developers to his/her stream
- Be part of the SDLC for all Natgas related developments on the CTRM.
- Keep a constant specified and prioritized backlog of stories to develop and lead the development throughout Daily Stand-up and workshops
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Participate in daily standups (Agile or Kanban methodologies)
- Gather requirements across the groups location and department (i.e Geneva, London..)
- Run workshops with Business and IT (dev, qa)
- Maintain an up-to-date list of specification in DevOps (Taking part actively in backlog refinement sessions with the Agile team
- Report to the Programme Manager and/or the PMO the progress of your deliveries.
- Train 1st level support and act as a 2nd level support on the modules you will be responsible for.
- Work hand-in-hand with the QA (testers) in the testing of your stories and always help them improve the regression tests
- Provide quick-wins to your user base (i.e. Using PowerBI report for instance)
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Formal education, ideally at University level or equivalent level of certification and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of previous relevant professional experience as a Business Analyst on Natural Gas.
- Proven experience as a business analyst, capable of understanding risk business requirements and implementing them
- Proven experience on ETRMs (at least 5 years) In-house development preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the Natgas Product (Front, Risk and Ops)
- Experience of providing excellent Customer Service to a local and global user base.
- Expert communicator
- Team player with ability to exercise flexibility, demonstrate initiative to ensure the business needs are met in a proactive manner with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills, especially communication, able to communicate technical solutions to non-technical users, in a multi cultured working environment and able to cope in stressful/difficult/conflict situations in a serviced oriented manner.
- Highly organized and possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be self-motivated and creative and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Understanding of database design, SQL and Report generation within business applications.
Fluent in English (spoken and written).
- General skills on ICT technologies.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Good knowledge of any of the following commodities (Oil, Power, Coal, Emissions/Carbon, Agriculture) and has the ability to learn.
- Other languages in addition to English will be useful but not mandatory, e.g. French, Russian
- Certifications/experience on any of the following will be very useful: Microsoft software technologies, Software design, development and testing methodologies / concepts, Project management, ITIL., Technical certification
- Strong SQL skills. Ability to debug/write stored procedures
- Ability to do PowerBI reports (or other BI tools)