Job Openings EC12. Technical Lead (PHP/Ruby on Rails)
About the job EC12. Technical Lead (PHP/Ruby on Rails)
As a Technical Lead, you support our teams in designing, implementing, and operating innovative IT solutions. In particular, you will:
- Rely on agile methods (SCRUM) and DevSecOps practices to lead our development.
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, from their initial design until their delivery.
- Develop and maintain solutions for operational admin, system/data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring.
- Participate in the project life cycle, from requirement analysis to deployment and operational support, including the design, development and quality assurance stages.
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code.
- Participate in code reviews, upskilling less experienced developers, and contribute to their career development.
- Maintain our critical applications.
- Design, develop and scale infrastructure-as-code.
- Design and build continuous deployment pipelines.
- Implement industry best practices for system hardening and configuration management.
- Strengthen our application and environment security, applying standards and best practices and providing tooling to make development workflows more secure.
- Help increase system performance with a focus on high availability and scalability.
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments.
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Increase the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms.
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the development team.
- Have on-call responsibilities in rotation with the development team.
- You are an engineer with similar experience in the role and implementation of complex solutions including modern architectures, containers, and cloud services.
- You have extensive development experience with PHP Laravel or Ruby on Rails.
- You have extensive experience with continuous integration and deployment processes and a strong knowledge of configuration management tools.
- You have excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- You fully understand the secure software development lifecycle best practices (OWASP).
- You are fluent in English both written and spoken. German or Italian is an asset.
- You have the ability to drive to goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Configuration Management experience with Ansible or similar (Chef, Puppet, Salt)
- Experience with Version Control Software (Git preferred)
- Continuous Integration setup and administration
- Release Engineering: deployment pipelines and continuous deployment
- Open-source application monitoring experience
- Database administration (PostgreSql, mySQL/mariaDb)
- Participation in on-call rotations for mission critical web systems