About the job Group Data Protection Lead
We are looking for a passionate Data Privacy Professional to join our Data Protection Team, contributing to drive a culture of sustainable business growth in line with our key values and collaborating with other functions to foster an integrated approach to managing data privacy risks globally.
Acting as a trusted business partner, you are primarily responsible for the animation and coordination of the correspondents network on Data Protection across the globe, focused on the completion of the record of processing, DPIA and TIA, among other tasks.
Under the responsibility of the Group Data Protection Officer and as a seasoned counsel with previous experience in data privacy laws, you provide pragmatic advice and serve as a relay to enable management to make strategic and operational decisions.
Your scope is global and encompasses all current and upcoming data privacy regulations across the 30 countries where the Group is present. Major focus is Europe and GDPR regulation, but other regulations such as POPIA in South Africa and Indias data protection regulation will be concerned.
You will proactively contribute to the program defined by the Group Data Protection Officer and be a central coordinator in its governance aspects:
- Your main focus will be the coordination of the actions attributed to the correspondents network, related to the record of processing, DPIA and TIA, among other tasks.
- Draft, analyze, negotiate data processing agreements and other contracts or contract clauses/templates with customers and vendors related to the protection of personal data.
- Performing Privacy assessments (record of processing and DPIA).
- As part of the Group Data Protection Team, be a point of contact and advice for management and other stakeholders in Data Protection issues and deliver risk-oriented solutions in conformity with legal requirements.
- As part of the Group Data Protection Team, contribute to developing, preparing and rolling out Data Privacy awareness-raising and training within the company.
- Conducting Data Privacy controls and Vendor Assessments, internal audits to ensure compliance and address potential issues proactively.
- Expert knowledge of EU data protection law and privacy practices, including familiarity with GDPR and other data protection laws and practices.
- Relevant understanding of international regulatory framework/requirements in terms of data protection matters and security systems (ISO) within a multinational group.
- Law degree (Romanian & International Business law and/or another member state - Germany, France, Italy or Spain).
- Any additional certification (CIPP/E, DPO or other) are considered a plus.
- Project management skills, with ability to produce KPI and reporting.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Comfortable working in a global team with remote working.
- Excellent English level and preferably another language such as French and/or German (advanced).
- Proactive and thrive on taking responsibility of a diverse range of matters.
- Excellent communication, commercial and business awareness skills.
- Analytical problem solving, negotiation and project management skills.
- A strong client first mentality.
- Good self-management continuous performance is both an objective and a mind-set.
What's in it for you
- Join and work in international team of lawyers;
- A challenging job in a great and multi-disciplinary team, within innovative and motivating work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and new added value ideas;
- Room for personal and professional growth within our GLOCAL (global and local) organization;
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 30 different countries around the globe;
- A comfortable workspace in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance.