Job Openings Regional Compliance Officer & Group Competition law
About the job Regional Compliance Officer & Group Competition law
As Regional Compliance Officer & Group Competition law Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will:
- Serve as Compliance Officer for Romania (current focus on Anticorruption, Fair competition, Trade sanctions & export control and Duty of care).
- Implement Group Compliance program, maintain and develop a compliance framework and risks management to assist us in its realization of business objectives and strategic development locally
- Working collaboratively with us business/functional line management in recommending, developing and executing on business initiatives within permissible statutory and regulatory frameworks.
- Design and maintain updated and well-organized systems and records of management decisions, policies, processes, trainings, assessments, remediation plans, investigations and enforcement actions in a clear and easily accessible manner. Ensure that appropriate compliance monitoring and reporting frameworks are in place
- Develop, implement and manage the compliance and risk management frameworks in conjunction with local regulatory requirement, us requirements and best practice
More specifically on Competition Law:
- Serve as Group Competition SME. You direct the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Competition Law program, policies and practices for the Group and undertake competition law enforcement work within the Group, in line with the Groups strategy.
- Advise on all areas of competition law across the Group and support the Groups growth and operational performance
- Develop awareness and training within the Group on Competition Law, foster good practices
- Provide assistance to members of the Legal & Business Affairs and internal stakeholders as SME.
- Guide management and ensure compliance with Competition Law rules and regulations
- Undertake assessments, formalities and authorizations where required, including when mergers and acquisitions within the Group
- Ensure legal watch on regulations
Overall, you operate as a valued & integral member of the General Secretariat and as a key business partner to provide high quality compliance and legal services and strategic compliance and legal support and advice.
You report to the Group Compliance, Risks and Control Director.
- A high-profile performance-oriented Compliance and Competition Law professional with substantial relevant experience (10+ years), ideally gained in Compliance and/or Competition function of an international company of comparable size.
- Broad experience of assessing risks, developing, implementing programs and policy, drafting, procedures, devising and delivering training, and managing regulatory relations
- Experience working in and being comfortable within complex matrix organizations and cross-functional set-ups
- Deep understanding of the complex landscape of global risk, reputational risk, local and regulatory risk and local codes and ethics standards
- Combination of deep legal expertise with outstanding analytical and conceptual skills as well as strong business acumen, being able to adequately switch between the roles of guardian of Ethics & Compliance and business partner
- Ability to identify compliance issues quickly, synthesize impact and determine root cause
- Project management skills, with strong ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks or projects. Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy, together with ability to manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- Hands-on and ability to work with multi-disciplinary team.
- A passionate leadership personality, ideally experienced in managing remote, international and indirect teams
- Skilled relationship builder across all levels and borders, with excellent communication skills, influencing effectively and providing confidence in the quality and effectiveness of services provided by the compliance team
- Forward-thinking with openness and drive for innovation, change and efficiency
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity
- Fluent (oral and written) in English and French
What's in it for you
- We are a very dynamic company with passionate co-workers and a stimulating work environment, you can count on a strong team of technical experts within the organization
- Make a difference in decision-making means you take on responsibility, not just tasks
- You grow by learning new skills and we benefit from your knowledge
- A challenging job in a great team within innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas
- Room for personal and professional growth within our GLOCAL (global and local) organization
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 30 different countries around the globe
- A comfortable workspace in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance