About the job Senior Network Specialist / Administrator
Our client proudly supports NASA's High Performance Computing Services program in Mountain View, CA at the Ames Research Center and in Greenbelt, MD at Goddard Space Flight Center. Make a DIFFERENCE on a program that supports 4 On-site Supercomputers 18,000+ nodes, 17+ combined petaflop supercomputer systems.
We have an immediate position for a Senior Network Specialist / Administrator to join our client in support of NASA's Center for Climate Simulation (NCCS) project. Our client provides network services throughout the NCCS Environment for computational requirements, architecture, acquisition, and operations to federal government customers.
- Assists in maintaining the local area network or wide area network, cable and hub installations, and inventories
- Assists in maintaining the network's physical and logical structures and in installing and testing hardware and software.
- Assists in performance tuning and capacity planning activities to enhance the performance of the network resources and in maintaining network support software.
- Assists in or conducts product evaluations of upgraded or new hardware and software and identifies strengths, weaknesses, and potential benefits to the agency
- Support Security related tasks and projects
- Support technical projects.
- Monitor and perform capacity/feasibility studies and help resolve network capacity issues
- Identify, develop, and deploy tools supporting network server services
- Plan and schedule work to meet deadlines established by others to ensure the completion of several related tasks
- 8 to 10 Years of Networking experience including trouble shooting, configuration, and management.
- Demonstrate an understanding of network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers and Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Hands-on experience configuring routing protocols and switching configuration in medium to large enterprise networks (supporting: TCP/IP, routing,
- switching, QoS, etc.)
- Data Cabling equipment and technologies experience
- Familiar with Linux Server Operating Systems
- Familiar with Open Networking, specifically Cumulus Linux is a plus
- Familiarity with DNS and DHCP services
- Familiarity with the administration of services such as web, mail, ssh, database, etc. is a plus
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. git) is a plus
- Scripting or programming skills is a plus
- Working knowledge of Puppet
- Familiar with NIST and FISMA regulations
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work, and ability to multitask
- Good communication skills to communicate with support personnel, customer, and managers
- Must be a US citizen
Join an Award Winning Team! Voted as Most Innovative and Fastest Growing Company, our client offers highly customized IT capabilities in the federal civilian and DoD market space in support of the mission objectives of the federal government. Varada provides competitive compensation and benefits packages including 100% employer paid healthcare premium.
Our client is an Equal Employment Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.