About the job Associate DevOps Engineer, Rockville, MD/Remote
Associate DevOps Engineer, Rockville, MD/Remote
Our client is seeking an Associate DevOps for a remote, contract opportunity. The client prefers the candidate be geographically close to Rockville, Maryland in case they are needed in person.
The role of Associate DevOps Engineer is to assist in following the DevOps tools and processes, as well as working closely with development, quality assurance (QA), and support teams to complete Operations/deployment/CICD tasks within deadlines. This role is a member of the DevOps and reports directly to DevOps Manager or Operations, Manager.
The organization supports a high-volume healthcare data system that is accessed through multiple web portals. This high-volume system operates out of multiple data centres and must reliably be available to its clients 7x24x365.
- Functions as an individual contributor and works under direct supervision of a team member/team lead.
- Learns and follows the team members with associated DevOps procedures and uses DevOps tools for large software-development information-system projects to assist the DevOps team members.
- Assists in maintaining and operating the existing Build and Release Management System to support various logical environments (e.g., development, test, production, operation).
- Assists/partners with the team members in scripting, setting up, maintaining CICD pipeline and automating the deployments.
- Basic understanding of Application serves and able to perform deployments with minimum assistance.
- Assists/partners with the team members in enabling infrastructure as code, pipeline as code & configuration as code.
- Assists/partners with the team in continuous process improvements and automation
- Assists in maintaining all release documentation, records and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assists/partners with the team members in creating and recommending baselines.
- Collaborates closely with development, QA, and support teams to complete operations/ deployments/ automation tasks within deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, with a working knowledge of the rest of the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Knowledge of JIRA & Confluence.
- Knowledge of application servers (WebSphere/WebLogic).
- Knowledge of DevOps tools, Linux, AWS, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, JFrog Artifactory, SONAR or similar code scanning tools, Fortify or similar security scan tools, Bash scripting, MS Office tools, J2EE, and RDBMS concepts.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 0 – 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Master’s Degree with 0-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Preferred Majors: Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or a closely related field.
- AWS certification, basic scripting, Linux Essentials.
- 1 year of experience in CICD tools and/or AWS Cloud Environment.
- Domain knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, or healthcare verticals.
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Shows initiative, enthusiasm, creativity and resourcefulness in handling assignments.
- Demonstrates flexibility in working under demands and needs of the project.
- Possesses the ability to concentrate for extended periods of time and accomplish the given task with minimum oversight.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.