About the job Director of Business Development, Washington, DC/Remote
Director of Business Development, Washington, DC/Remote
Our client, based out of *Washington, DC, has an opening for a Director of Business Development on a direct hire basis.
Candidates can work remote with the exception of needed client meetings/visits within the DC/NOVA/MD area.
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for executing the client’s growth plan within both commercial organizations and federal government departments and agencies. The director will be responsible for identification, qualification, development, and prioritization of new customer opportunities. Any data-dependent organization is a target customer. An ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the federal sales rhythms and commercial sales cycles, and be able to lead and coordinate the client’s efforts in winning new business.
- Grow and actively curate the client’s pipeline across all process phases.
- Contribute to and carefully monitor actions and activities throughout the bid lifecycle.
- Work with senior leadership on both capture and proposal development.
- Lead, facilitate, and coordinate proposals.
- Travel to customer and partner sites (typically in the DMV).
- Engage with channel partners to accelerate adoption of the client's open source data solutions.
- Manage existing and build new partnerships with clients and companies in order to identify new opportunities and add value to existing client base.
- Work with the team to create and customize marketing materials tailored to federal and commercial audiences.
- Help prepare quarterly competitive intelligence and market research opportunities for external seminars/conferences where the client can extend its thought leadership and brand.
- Identify, monitor and manage opportunities that are appropriate for the client using FedBizOpps, eBuy, GovWin, and other lead-sourcing tools.
- 5-10+ years of related experience, with a mix of both commercial and federal sales experience and a proven track record of success.
- An understanding of "solution sales" business models and the ability to create a consistent message across and between data-centric solutions that touch a variety of use cases.
- Proven track record in identifying and capturing new business, as well as maintaining customer relationships for follow-on work.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management and execution skills including clear methods for tracking action items, consistent follow-up with involved parties, and ability to lead executive briefings on opportunities and progress.
- An understanding of "open source" business models and culture.
- A dependable team player who enjoys working collaboratively and cooperatively with others.
- High attention to detail and the capacity to work comfortably in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Patient, thoughtful leadership skills.
- B.A./B.S. undergraduate degree preferred.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.