About the job Project Manager, Remote
Project Manager, Laurel, MD/Remote
Our client, based out of Laurel, MD, is seeking an Project Manager for a remote, contract to hire opportunity.
Local candidates are preferred.
The results-driven Project Manager with strong organization, communication and collaborations skills has a broad range of responsibility as support of a team to plan, coordinate, and integrate a fast-paced project that scales across multiple CMS components (CMCS, OC, CCIIO, and OIT) in Support for resuming normal Medicaid, CHIP and BHP operations following the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency-Medicaid unwinding,” In support of the project, the candidate must demonstrate a solid foundation of business systems analysis experience which includes requirements gathering, business process analysis, alternative analysis and documenting decisions, risks, and issues. He/She having experience managing multiple sub-projects through various aspects of delivery is also beneficial.
The Project Manager will support an integrated team that will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders. To ensure each CMS component is properly integrated in efforts, the PM will be responsible for organizing, tracking, and managing a cross-agency workplan or capturing roles and responsibilities, we define each relationship in a well-developed Stakeholder Communications Plan. This candidate will support the program by providing enterprise project integration and coordination across all CMS activities. Required activities include project tracking, project management, risk mitigation and management, status reporting, meeting coordination and action tracking, development and integration of lessons learned, and tool support.
- Manage the enterprise response with a perspective of impact on individuals and business processes from a cross-program response (e.g., required interdependencies for individual Medicaid redetermination through the required Medicaid and Marketplace eligibility and enrollment processes/systems for successful and appropriate coverage without disruption in coverage).Organize, track, and manage the cross-agency workplan, capturing staffing, roles/responsibilities, emerging risks, mitigation strategies, variance from schedule, action items, and milestone accomplishments.
- Meeting coordination and action tracking for follow-up items/actions required based on meeting discussions and decisions. Meetings include internal meetings (within CMS components and HHS) as well as with external stakeholders including but not limited to state Medicaid and Exchange officials.
- Document key issues, decisions, outstanding policy/program issues, and other critical items from meetings.
- Perform and provide briefings on weekly analysis of individual milestones and action items, identifying key dependencies, gaps, risks while supporting integration with the master workplan and schedule process.
- Provide comprehensive risk management activities across all programs and within program interdependencies, including identification of emerging and existing risks with accompanying risk mitigation/management plans as well as assessment/ communication of actual and potential risk impact.
- Provide status updates in various formats as required by CMS for various audiences.
- Provide agile management support, implementing best practices to enhance management through continuous improvement and providing flexibility to ensure the focus remains on high priority, high risk areas.
- Provide tool support including but not limited to conference line, webinars, dashboards, and virtual collaboration (e.g., Mural or similar virtual collaboration tool) to enhance project management and coordination, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 4+ years managing IT Projects or 10-years experience managing IT Projects.
- Experience managing programs for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Experience leading large-scale, complex development projects.
- Proven, pro-active team leader and self-starter with the ability to drive decisions, build consensus, and resolve issues.
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle and Agile methodologies.
- Solid working knowledge of project management tools and methods.
- Proven ability to make sound professional judgments and to effectively communicate those to the client.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in order to liaise between the user community and the technical team.
- Certified Scrum Master a plus
- PMI Certification a plus
- Experience with CMS tools including Zoom, Jira, Confluence, and Mural a plus
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In order to comply with its obligations as a covered federal contractor and to protect the health and safety of its employees, our client requires all employees/contractors in the United States to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or their start date (if later than December 8), except in circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to a religious or disability accommodation.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.