About the job Senior Editor, Remote
Senior Editor, Remote
Our client, based out of Washington, DC, is seeking a Senior Editor for a remote, contract or full-time opportunity.
This will be a contingent hire for a contract with SAMHSA expected to start in April 2022. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) requires program and analytical support services, short term analyses, technical assistance, and support for its information and related programs.
- Provide the necessary expertise for appropriate and accurate content and editorial review needed to achieve a high standard of excellence in content, syntax, grammar, and style, including attention to align the target audience and content level.
- Collaborate early and often with other team members and when appropriate, the government customer or liaison to ensure a collective agreement on style, function, and desired outcome for any print or digital materials, whether materials are for internal SAMHSA use, the general public, or others.
- Support data-driven insights and recommendations appropriate for diverse populations.
- Review and edit documents in various formats including but not limited to Word, PowerPoint, brochures, and other printed or electronic materials. Some materials may appear on social media, websites, or via other forums.
- Ensure that products developed under this contract for potential dissemination by SAMHSA reflect consistent use of a consistent style manual, adhere to common standards of grammar and usage, and include correct form and content in use of logos, content and look of cover, title page, and acknowledgment/disclaimers, as determined by SAMHSA's Office of Communications.
- Produce a 508 Compliance checklist and ensure that all publicly facing documents, deliverables, and print materials adhere to 508 requirements, https://www.section508.gov/dev...
- Make expert recommendations and provide helpful best practices to other members of the team and help team members produce more refined products as the project matures.
- Communicate and present data-driven insights and recommendations appropriate for diverse populations
- Create templates and may coordinate with production team to produce final drafts.
- Ensure plain language is reflected in all products and materials, https://www.plainlanguage.gov/. The Senior Editor will align work products to cultural competency best practices.
Produce consistent, insightful, high-quality work.
- Report to the Program Manager and may supervise and direct select personnel such as a Junior Editor.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Health Policy, International Relations, Communications, Marketing, Psychology or any other related field.
- An equivalent of this educational requirement in working experience is also acceptable.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a content editing position for a business, preferably a federal government contractor or agency, and conducting developmental and substantive language edits on technical material.
- Vast experience in using and navigating social media platforms to reach audiences is required.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing content developers and editors in a fast-paced, flexible business setting.
- The candidate must demonstrate honesty, integrity, and appreciation of differing opinions and perspectives.
- The candidate must be responsible, accountable, and collaborative.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In order to comply with its obligations as a covered federal contractor and to protect the health and safety of its employees, our client requires all employees/contractors in the United States to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their start date, except in circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to a religious or disability accommodation.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.