About the job C/C++ Software Engineer, Washington, DC/Remote
C/C++ Software Engineer, Washington, DC/Remote
Our client is seeking an experienced software development professional to productize a novel electronic design automation (EDA) tool suite to transform the hardware security ecosystem.
This position is based out of Washington, DC, but can be remote, with occasional (1-2 times/quarter) on-site required.
This position will be focused on building a new desktop software application based on initial the client’s prototype technology. This will include the aiding in the design and definition of the final software product, requirements gathering, software development, testing, and debugging tasks. The resulting product will involve several complex components, related to complex code parsing, graph traversal, and linear modeling. The candidate will work closely with a small team of domain experts, researchers, developers, and leadership to ensure a successful and effective final product. Additionally, this role will guide future development plans for new products and upcoming research objectives to increase the usability and functionality of the product.
· Develop commercial grade software based on novel technology research.
· Design robust and powerful implementations for complex processes.
· Work with domain experts to understand system functionality and define technical requirements.
· Test and validate software functionality to ensure high software quality.
· Profile software performance for scalability.
· Develop, refactor, and maintain domain models and associated technical documents
· Guide implementation of APIs for internal infrastructure.
· Define guidelines for best-practices, methodology, and solutions.
· Advise senior leadership on specialized technical or business issues.
· BS/MS EE/CS/CE with a minimum of 2-4+ years of experience developing complex desktop software products.
· Excellent programming and software engineering skills in C/C++.
· Excellent software development skills including object-oriented programming, algorithms, design patterns, profiling, and debugging.
· Proficient in software architecture description techniques and practices.
· Experience with developing for Windows and Linux platforms.
· Experience in User Experience and Design
· Experience in designing software interface API’s and associated documentation.
· Ability to work independently, with exceptional verbal/written communication, leadership, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
· Strong ability to learn and work in a dynamic team.
· Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
· Experience in machine learning and data science.
· Experience in applied math.
· Experience in Digital Logic Design, Electronic Design Automation (EDA)
· Solid understanding of software licensing and subscription-based software products.
· Work in Agile project management frameworks.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.