About the job Health Communications Manager, Remote
Health Communications Manager, Remote
Our client, based out of North Bethesda, is seeking a Health Communications Manager for a remote, direct hire opportunity.
As a member of the team, the Health Communications Manager will work on projects that focus on:
- Developing and implementing innovations to motivate 1) health care providers (HCPs) to share specific health-related resources with their patients and 2) CMS beneficiaries (e.g., patients) to participate in available preventive health programs.
- Conducting formative research and developing a strategic communications campaign and messaging, informed by the research, for a state-wide program that aims to improve pregnancy outcomes in women who have diabetes, reduce lifelong risk of diabetes in children, and prevent diabetes and its complications in adults.
- Developing and implementing a strategic communications plan; and designing materials and products that aim to bring science-based information about addiction to HCPs.
- Lead project activities related to product/resource development for HCPs, patients, and/or the public on health-related topics (e.g., addiction, diabetes, preventive health).
- Lead health communications activities.
- Develop strategic communications plans.
- Develop guidance on how to encourage and motivate HCPs to share information with patients.
- Implement communications activities, as needed.
- Develop promotion materials (e.g., short emails, social media posts, website content) for HCPs and the public on health-related topics such as addiction, diabetes, chronic care management, preventive health education.
- Provide direction to the graphic design team on visual elements of promotion materials; coordinate with graphic design team through completion of promotion materials, as needed.
- Develop health communications research materials (e.g., surveys); analyze data and prepare reports, as needed.
- Develop progress reports and other project documentation.
- Plan and participate in project-related meetings; provide meeting summaries.
- Prepare client-ready written materials (e.g., communications plans and materials; progress reports, PowerPoint presentations) and interface with client to communicate information clearly in a manner tailored to the intended audiences.
- Monitor project budgets.
- Negotiate and manage subcontracts.
- Support business development efforts including capture planning as well as proposal development (e.g., drafting and/or finalizing proposal documents, (e.g., staffing, understanding, and technical sections as well as budget development)).
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or Health Communications.
- English fluency (oral and written).
- 5 years of health communications experience.
- Requires knowledge of health communications strategies and tactics, and excellent communications writing skills.
- Ability to write clear, concise communications plans and messages targeted to specific audiences; lead the development of promotion materials; develop materials for, and conduct qualitative and quantitative research activities (e.g., surveys, interviews), including reporting; effectively communicate with clients; ability to plan, organize, and pay attention to detail; excellent time management skills; and ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Software Proficiency: Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint required.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Health Communications preferred.
- Knowledge of diabetes, chronic care management, prevention education, Medicare, substance use disorder, and/or behavioral health.
- Experience using online survey platforms (e.g., SurveyMonkey), social media, Canva, Google Analytics, social media monitoring platforms (e.g., Hootsuite).
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.