About the job Sr. Software Engineer - Python (Remote)
Sr. Software Engineer - Python, Remote
Our client, based out of Manassas, VA, is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer - Python for a remote contract to hire opportunity.
$1000 SIGNING BONUS OFFERED FOR THIS POSITION!
Join a rapidly growing software development team that is developing solutions to provide observability, monitoring and future state AIOPS (Artificial Intelligence in IT Operations) solutions supporting the federal government and several contracting organizations.
- Design, develop, architect software solutions for the enablement of this product.
- Build front end components, integrate output of Machine Learning models via a Machine Learning Ops CI/CD pipeline to integrate and deploy model output.
- Ensure product is maintainable, scalable, solutions are forward thinking, and ensure the team follows SDLC and Software Engineering best practices.
- Adopt industry leading software design patterns, Object Oriented Analysis and Design principles, Software Quality, version control, and DevOps best practices in your work.
- Leverage expert level understanding of front-end application design using tools such as Grafana.
- Ensure system is highly available, redundant, scalable, reliable, and meet future state growth requirements and integration with artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities.
- Mentor junior/inexperienced team members in software engineering best practices, BDD, TDD, Pair programming, etc.
- Devise a robust testing strategy using software quality best practices for all new and existing components to ensure defect free code quality, that function as per user story specifications.
- Create a culture of inclusion and teamwork through leading by example and always considering how their actions influence the broader team.
- Lead code quality review sessions with Junior developers and provide feedback and guidance.
- Support team leadership and team architect as required.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics OR a related computer science related field discipline with 8 years industry experience (or MS with 4-5 years).
- Strong background in computer science. Someone passionate and obsessed about developing high quality software. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge in the entire software engineering life cycle and software engineering best practices.
- Very strong, high quality Python development skills is a must! (10/10) as focus is on Python for developing software.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, strong background in programming languages such as Java, C, C++, C# and Python.
- Expert-level capability of software architecture, design, APIs, web technologies and systems integration best-practices.
- Demonstrate originality and innovation in design and coding prowess.
- Comprehensive understanding of best in class software engineering practices in the full SDLC, code standards, code quality, lead code reviews, version control.
- Familiarity with the tech stack – Grafana and InfluxDB, and working with time series data.
Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is required:
- CI/CD Tools (Jenkins, Cloud Formation, Terraform, Nexus, Github)
- BDD Testing- Cucumber/Selenium
- Experience In Behavioral and Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of working with time series data (temporal sensor data)
- AWS Experience (Lambda, Kinesis, ECS, EKS, Networking/VPC, ELB, S3)
- Databases (Postgres, RDS, Aurora, InfluxDB. MongoDB)
- Dashboarding Tools - Grafana
- Program Design tools - Lucid Chart
Nice to have
- Understanding of AI and Machine learning, and integration with CI/CD pipelines for development, Scaled Agile experience.
- Knowledge of Artificial Engineering and Machine Learning - full life cycle
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, our client may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the customer site requirements.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.