About the job Senior System Administrator, Olympia, WA/Remote
Senior System (AWS/Windows) Administrator, Olympia, WA/Remote
Our client is seeking a Senior System (AWS/Windows) Administrator for a remote, contract to hire opportunity.
The client prefers the candidate be geographically close to Olympia, Washington in case they are needed to be on-site at any time.
The role of Senior System Administrator is to manage a dynamic AWS cloud-based infrastructure consisting of various Security & monitoring tools, Internal/external File transfer tools along with Windows administration. As a Senior System Administrator, you will be involved in coordinating with department team to plan, design, and schedule the release of all software and hardware, updates and upgrades. You will work as a member of large technical team responsible for the design, development and implementation (DDI) of Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) for states like Michigan, Illinois, Utah, Washington and federal projects like OWCP, EDPS and VA-FAC. These are high-volume systems that operate out of multiple data centers and cloud environments like AWS and Oracle.
- Design, implement, and maintain the organizations’ AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
- Design, configuration, implementation, security hardening, administration, maintenance and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows servers.
- Setup Microsoft Active Directory and configuration in all projects, group policy, user and security group creation, trust creation between internal and external domains.
- Manage and maintain VMware, IBM SAN, and Nutanix on-prem.
- Deploy servers and workspaces in projects in AWS console. RDS databases, FSX files shares, EC2 Instances, security groups, S3 storage, IAM roles, System Manager, Images and storage.
- Install maintain Enterprise antivirus solutions such as Symantec and Sophos for both On-premise and confluence.
- Install and maintain OpManager used for monitoring in all projects. Patch manager from ManageEngine.
- Install, configure and maintain Enterprise Managed File Transfer solutions.
- Install, Configure and maintain DASH solution like Tehama to create desktop templates as needed and deploy to users as requested.
- Maintaining a complex server-based enclave, including performing system scans, vulnerability management activities, and active directory configuration.
- Strong System Administration of Windows Servers and AWS Cloud demonstrated in a large complex enterprise environment.
- Expert knowledge with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a Network administration,
- Implementation experience in various security products and solutions including but not limited to Audit/SIEM Solution (such as Anti virus, Nessus scanning, vulnerability management, etc…), Monitoring Solutions (such as Opmanager tools).
- Ability to work independently and at times as only team member representative working directly with customer IT team.
- Participate in planning and providing schedule inputs for all operational activities that require systems administration.
- Research new technologies for adoption, perform POC’s to determine if these technologies will work for us to improve efficiency and performance.
- Interact and lead vendors activities/performance, support procurements.
- Scripting experience such as PowerShell or VB Scripting preferred.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.