About the job AWS Cloud Security Analyst, Remote
AWS Cloud Security Analyst, Remote
Our client, based out of Maryland, is seeking a hands on AWS Cloud Security Analyst for a remote, contract to hire opportunity.
Salary: Up to $120K
As a hands on AWS Cloud Security Analyst supporting our client, you will be trusted to work on security tools and AWS. This contract runs fraud analysis on health claims data.
Note: This is a hands on position.
- Collaborating with IT teams on security issues and projects.
- Identifying security risks and exposures, determines the causes of security violations and suggests procedures to halt future incidents and improve security.
- Analyzing data collected from a variety of cyber defense tools (e.g., IDS alerts, firewalls, network traffic logs) to analyze events that occur within their environments for the purposes of mitigating threats.
- Conducting assessment of exiting security controls to make certain operating as intended.
- Developing opportunities to automate and integrate security tasks.
- Hands-on implementing/working with AWS Cloud services.
- Investigating issues through log file analysis and other tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- At least one Security certification (CEH, GCIH, GCIA or CISSP).
- Experience working in AWS Cloud.
- Functional knowledge of networking principles.
- Knowledge of cryptography and security certificates management.
- Experience with Fortigate Firewall, Application scanning, End-point protection.
- Hands-on experience with AWS Cloud Services of AWS Config, Cloudtrail/Cloudwatch, System Manager, Route53, Cloudfront, and Cloudformation.
- Ability to interpret logged security events.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning application and ability to interpret results.
- May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to Help Desk support team.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to identify root cause related to problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skill.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.