About the job Communications Specialist, Atlanta, GA/Remote
Communications Specialist, Atlanta, GA/Remote
Our client has an opening for a Communications Specialist on a contract to hire basis. This position is located in Atlanta, GA with some remote potential.
The Communications Specialist will support CDC DEO in Communications regarding emergency response needs.
- Leverage existing partnerships to identify, develop, and rapidly disseminate messages and resources to assist in responding to education or information needs.
- Facilitate coordination among internal CDC partners working with internal organizations to identify opportunities for collaboration in amplifying response-related messages.
- Identify gaps in messaging to diverse audiences, coordinating and collaborating with appropriate internal and external partners to fill those gaps.
- Coordinate and tailor message(s) across communication systems, platforms, web, and channels to ensure full promotion of a communication message/announcement.
- Tailor information strategy to enhance knowledge and skills, promote and protect health, strengthen trust, and minimize misinterpretation.
- Work with the responder training team, PTEE, and response leadership, including the incidence response chief of staff to create, vet, and update and edit evaluation-related documents and templates for diverse audiences.
- Understand the CDC and Division of Emergency Operations clearance process for communication products.
- Coordinate timely submission of communication products for clearance, as necessary.
- Ensure documents, images, templates, and information products are written in plain language and meet 508 compliance, as needed.
- Participate in post-response meetings and contributes to reports and other feedback mechanisms as appropriate.
- 10 years generalized experience in data management to include documentation preparation using automated software tools, understanding and adherence to documentation format and content requirements.
- Ability to properly prepare documents according to correct writing standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in English or a related field. Four (4) years of experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.