About the job EHR Program Sr Director, Rockville, MD/Remote
EHR Program Sr Director, Rockville, MD/Remote
Our client is seeking an Electronic Health Records Sr. Director for a direct hire opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be geographically close to Rockville, Maryland to attend senior leadership meetings on an as-needed basis at client offices and their customer headquarters. However, remote candidates will be considered as long as they are willing to travel extensively to MD/DC.
The Electronic Health Records Sr. Director is responsible for setting strategic direction for the Implementation, Configuration, Development and Support Services for a Large Federal Electronic Health Record (EHR) program. Collaborates with management, as well as, clinical, business, financial and operational staff, and other IT groups. Provides support for the planning, acquisition, management, and implementation of systems and applications necessary to support the clinical, business, financial, and operational needs. Oversees the development, acquisition, implementation, integration, and support of complex applications and system software.
- Responsible for supporting Agency objectives, plans capital and operating budget by applying rigorous methodology that ensures systems are developed and/or implemented based on specific criteria (reliability, user satisfaction, flexibility, reusability, scalability, performance and use of industry standards).
- Develops a close relationship with customers, partners, IT management, and staff to provide cost effective systems that meet customer needs. Provides consultation as appropriate from an information systems perspective.
- Develops, maintains, and supports policies and procedures regarding application development and data management.
- Sets management priorities, oversees all formalized project and strategic plans.
- Establishes methodologies for the implementation and/or development of state-of-the art software systems to ensure systems meet quality, industry, and customer satisfaction standards.
- Establishes standards and guidelines to ensure effective communication and coordination among all stakeholders.
- Provides strategic direction for EHR, and recommends future projects based on recent trends in the healthcare, technology industries, and customer needs. Investigates the use of new technology to improve business processes.
- Provides oversight for all direct and indirect staff.
- Oversees EMR system upgrades and patches.
- Maintains HIPAA, privacy and security standards for protected health information. Familiarity with Health Information Exchange (HIE) solutions, as well as the Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel (HITSP) open standards.
- Understanding of the 21st Century Cures Act Exposure to Population Health solutions managing a diverse patient population focused on analytics and data sharing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Information Systems, or Healthcare related field, Master’s Degree in healthcare preferred.
- Significant/proficient experience successfully implementing MULTIPLE electronic health record systems.
- 10+ years of experience supporting large Federal Healthcare systems.
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a healthcare environment.
- PMP Certification is required.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in managing large application systems support teams in a distributed computing environment with an emphasis on project management.
- Experience working with the Indian Health Service, Tribal Organizations or Urban Indian Organizations is desired.
- Experience developing budgets with a focus on achieving unit objectives Experience in vendor management; ensuring products and services are acquired in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent projects with success in meeting budget, timeline, and quality expectations.
- Experience setting policies, procedures, equipment standards, and documentation standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Very organized and methodical.
- Ability to prepare budgets and provide productivity assessments.
- Ability to operate calmly under stressful conditions.
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with customers, partners and peers.
- Effectively develop and monitor high performing teams. Ability to use logical and analytical thinking to interpret technical data and solve a broad range of problems.
- Able to collect and interpret data related to program operating and financial performance.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.