About the job Sr. DevOps Engineer, Remote
Sr. DevOps Engineer, Remote
Our client, based out of Elkridge, MD, is seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer for a remote, contract to hire opportunity.
- Design, engineer and implement new cloud technology solutions in line with the product delivery roadmap.
- Maintain in-depth and up to date knowledge of AWS to ensure all appropriate options are considered to best support business requirements.
- Act as the function Lead and subject matter expert to drive and resolve all necessary infrastructure needs.
- Continually looking for ways to configure and improve CI/CD pipelines and release processes -designing and developing pipelines to deliver multiple daily releases to production.
- Working closely with our Development Technical Leads and Service Delivery Manager to optimize delivery and IT operations processes.
- Overseeing the day-to-day deployment process, testing and configuration of software releases, DevOps pipelines, monitoring tools, and other supporting technologies.
- Build processes to automate data migration and conversion of code from targeted data sources to cloud based data destinations.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Implement and integrate various API, micro-services, and database interfaces.
- Requires at least 4+ years of hands-on AWS experience.
- Experience migrating applications from legacy to cloud. Ideally looking for a candidate who has worked on at least 1 project migrating from on-prem to AWS cloud.
- Experience creating and maintaining optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Proven expertise deploying and maintaining solutions for large, complex software development projects on cloud-based systems, accounting for scalability, flexibility, performance, and security.
- Understand networks, firewalls and integrating different systems.
- Able to quickly write Unix scripts, review logs and identify issues in the AWS infrastructure.
- Must have ability to multi-task and participate in Agile releases.
- Authorized to work in US and work conducted in US.
- Experience using the following technologies:
- Java, Python, and Perl
- Docker a must
- Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) a must
- Application Server (Tomcat/Wildfly/AWS Elastic Beans)
- Active MQ
- AWS services
- Overall experience of 8+ years.
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps/DevSecOps role.
- Amazon Web Services certification preferred.
- Oracle, PostgreSQL DB experience a plus.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In order to comply with its obligations as a covered federal contractor and to protect the health and safety of its employees, our client requires all employees/contractors in the United States to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or their start date (if later than December 8), except in circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to a religious or disability accommodation.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.