About the job Sr. Java Developer/Section 508 SME, Remote
Sr. Java Developer/Section 508 SME, Remote
Our client, based out of Elkridge, MD, is seeking a Sr. Java Developer/Section 508 SME for a remote, contract to hire opportunity.
Our client is looking for a Sr. Java Developer/Section 508 SME to fill a key role. They are a data-driven technology firm determined to create intuitive solutions that inspire and serve real purpose. They value people who use their intelligence and passion to inspire their teammates and make an impact on their customers.
- Provide guidance on accessibility for other developers on program by providing technical assistance and remediation to developers on Section 508 issues.
- Recommend potential solutions by evaluating new and emerging assistive technologies that support Reasonable Accommodations designed to increase accessibility.
- Collaborate with other engineering groups to improve or upgrade Accessibility features.
- Develop and deliver accessibility training and workshop/job aid as needed for the program.
- Plan, create and execute test cases for Section 508 Compliance testing as needed.
- Assess and evaluate and test for Section 508 compliance utilizing 508 testing tools (JAWS, AMP, Inspect, Web Accessibility Tool Bar, etc.)
- Communicate the status of testing, including reporting of overall test results.
- Verify compliance with 508 accessibility standards. Identify and suggest potential solutions for accessibility barriers based on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and 2.1 standards as well as compliance with Section 508 and other accessibility-related laws.
- Record issues identified during testing and retest issues after they are resolved by the development team.
- Regularly update technical and business teams as to plans, progress, and issues.
- Adherence to agile and attendance at daily scrum to discuss accomplishments, plans and blockers.
- Document testing methodologies and write accessibility compliance reports.
- Maintains current knowledge of Section 508, its amendments, updates, and industry best practices for IT accessibility.
- Assists with writing basic test procedures and protocols to assess product accessibility and ability of products to meet WCAG 2. 0 and 2.1 guidelines.
- Creation of VPAT according to https://www.itic.org/policy/accessibility
- Identify and significantly contribute, where appropriate, to division initiatives.
- Front End Developer or UI/UX Developer
- Experience with 508 compliance and debugging code
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In order to comply with its obligations as a covered federal contractor and to protect the health and safety of its employees, our client requires all employees/contractors in the United States to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or their start date (if later than December 8), except in circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to a religious or disability accommodation.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.