About the job Senior Software Developer/Open Source Maintainer
Senior Software Developer/Open Source Maintainer, Washington, DC/Remote
*Please note that this role is currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but will likely be on-site in the future. Some flexibility may be available.
Over the past 8 years, our client has created or contributed to hundreds of open source repositories focused on health IT. You will serve as their client’s primary open-source maintainer: actively contributing, directing contributions from other developers, and responding to community inquiries about their open-source repositories. First, you will bring order to clutter by triaging our open source repositories for which libraries should be actively maintained, feature-frozen with security patches, archived or retired. Finally, you will participate in non-client-based open-source communities on which our client's projects teams rely, and manage client contributions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS, MIS or a related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Substantial experience maintaining open-source projects in Git/GitHub, including both 1st-party and community contributions.
- Substantial experience with software maintainability: unit and integration testing, software release (semver), repository badging and transitioning repositories to CI/CD with test converge, vulnerability scans, etc.
- Substantial polyglot development experience including Node.JS, React JS, Python and Java.
- Experience designing and implementing REST API's.
- Experience using some of the common databases used in the open source community such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain roadmaps for multiple open-source projects concurrently, including prioritization and triage.
- Experience with package registries (npm, PyPI, mvn)
- Long-term contributions to an open-source community in health IT.
- Working knowledge of health data exchange formats, specifically FHIR.
- Experience documenting software, the gamut from getting started primers to self-documenting API contracts.
- Experience developing software applications in an Agile environment.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.