About the job Research Associate I (Mixed Methods), San Mateo, CA/Remote
Research Associate I (Mixed Methods), San Mateo, CA/Remote
Our client is seeking a Research Associate I (Mixed Methods) for a direct hire opportunity. This position is located in San Mateo, California. Remote location is negotiable.
The Research Associate I (RA I) will conduct research and evaluation related to community service programs funded by AmeriCorps, including new projects as they arise.
The RA I will apply their quantitative and qualitative expertise to research and evaluation projects on national service programs to strengthen these programs responses to community needs. The RA I will support data collection efforts, data management, statistical analysis, report writing and presentation. The RA I will proactively seek out ways to assist clients and project teams by identifying and proposing appropriate solutions and services that can be provided to the client. The RA I will actively cultivate long-term relationships with existing clients and partners and will also seek out potential new relationships by managing projects with excellence and providing consistently excellent customer service. The RA I will engage in a process of continuous commitment to excellent client relations, as focus on these relationships is one of the primary strategic roles of the position across all areas of his/her/their work. The RA I will be responsible for working well with senior staff working on community service programs and model an excellent approach to teamwork.
- Collaborate with colleagues in carrying out data collection efforts.
- Review and monitor data collection plans.
- Participate with colleagues in the development of evaluation tools – surveys and other protocols to carry out research and evaluations.
- Assist in developing interviewer training materials and training protocols.
- Conduct evaluation research studies on community service programs and education-related topics, as directed.
- Enter, clean, process, manipulate and analyze quantitative data as part of the evaluation team.
- Provide expertise for both simple and complex analyses.
- Experience with inclusive research and evaluation philosophies and approaches such as community-based participatory research.
- Conduct data analysis in collaboration with other staff or alone; apply sufficient knowledge of statistical procedures and statistical programming to work independently on statistical analysis.
- Support qualitative data collection including interviews and focus groups.
- Assist with cleaning and analyzing qualitative data using qualitative analytic software (e.g., ATLAS.ti).
- Contribute to data interpretation and publications.
- Contribute to research and evaluation designs in collaboration with other team members.
- Write memoranda, e-mail correspondence, project documents, reports or sections of reports, literature reviews, and other written documents, in collaboration with other staff or alone.
- Contribute to preparation and production of reports and presentations to include graphics, tables, arrangements for printing, etc.
- Assist in the development of new business areas.
- Contribute to the development of proposals.
- Use specialized knowledge of a region or area of expertise to assist senior staff in investigating and developing new business opportunities through review of potential proposal requests, research for networking with other organizations, contacts and recruitment of subject matter experts in the area.
- Manage projects or lead key tasks, as directed.
- Manage and help manage workshops for clients, as needed.
- Prepare reports, including writing, proofreading, creating graphics or tables, making arrangement for printing, etc.
- Assist other team members with formatting and packaging proposals and deliverables.
- Assist with consultant recruitment, contract processing, and logistical planning.
- Develop, with other team members, materials for presentation at conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Handle job tasks with minimal supervision, completing them in an accurate and timely manner.
- Master’s degree o preferably in Sociology, Statistics, Education, Social Sciences, Community Psychology, Public Health or a similar field.
- Three years of relevant experience conducting quantitative research and evaluation in national service program, education or a related field.
- Experience conducting analysis in SAS, Stata, or R. Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Access, PowerPoint, Alchemer or other online survey services. Knowledge of research and evaluation design, statistical analysis techniques and familiarity with survey methods.
- Strong project management background; Must be highly adept at multi-tasking.
- Ability to communicate effectively, ability to work independently or work collaboratively with a team. Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple deadlines. Must demonstrate initiative.
- Must be able to report to our San Mateo, California office, once it reopens. Remote location is negotiable.
- Ph.D. with one year of relevant experience.
- Experience conducting qualitative data collection (interviews, focus groups) and qualitative analysis using qualitative analytic software (e.g., ATLAS.ti). Advanced experience with database development and management using MS Access or other tools and/or familiarity with SQL or SQLPlus is also a plus. Familiarity with and basic knowledge of non-profits and foundations, community service programs and volunteerism.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.