About the job Senior Capture Manager, Washington, DC
Senior Capture Manager, Washington, DC/Remote
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Capture Manager to join their team in Washington, DC on a direct hire basis.
Work is primarily remote, but must be able to come to the main office 4-5 times a year.
The Senior Capture Manager devises a strategy for searching out promising new business opportunities and clients and turning those opportunities into new business for the company.
- Communicates capture strategy to the sales team and makes sure it is implemented effectively.
- Recruits new employees to staff the sales team.
- Trains newly hired sales personnel.
- Assigns specific duties to the team members.
- Communicates expectations and responsibilities to each member of the team.
- Recruits subcontractors to help the company successfully bid on projects.
- Coordinates and manages the bidding and proposal process.
- Conducts research and uses information compiled by the staff to determine the best price and the best slate of services for the bid.
- Meets with prospective customers to answer questions and discuss a possible contract.
- Closes the deal or makes the final sale and brings in new business for the company for the best possible price.
- Gets appropriate contracts signed by all parties involved in a new business deal.
- Expands the client base while maintaining existing clients.
- Understands every aspect of a business opportunity including the scope of the project, how many resources will be needed, the impact on schedules, competitive pricing and budget concerns.
- Works with proposal developers to ensure that a top-notch proposal is submitted to the prospective client.
- Answers questions in the proposal and is involved in every phase.
- Assigns sections of the proposal to the appropriate experts on the team.
- Holds meetings to ensure the work on the proposal is moving forward quickly enough to meet the deadline.
- Establishes and builds relationships with prospective and existing clients.
- Develops a plan for making regular contact with prospective client targets.
- Studies key competitors.
- Must have experience capturing accounts.
- Must have exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Must have superior organizational and time-management skills.
- Must be an expert decision-maker with sound judgment.
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a strong public speaker.
- Excellent analytical skills are essential.
- Must be a good delegator and a good multi-tasker.
- Must have strong negotiating skills.
- Must have exceptional computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Finance, Marketing, Management, or related field.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional or PMP.
- Must be able to cope with high stress situations and
- Must be able to travel to client sites frequently.
- Must be able to work long hours and meet with clients and prospective clients in social setting.
· Ideally, 5 plus years’ experience as a sales representative or member of a capture team.
· Master’s degree in Business Administration or Management is ideal, but not required.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.