About the job Research Associate II (Quantitative), San Mateo, CA/Remote
Research Associate II (Quantitative), San Mateo, CA/Remote
Our client is seeking a Research Associate II (Quantitative) for a direct hire opportunity. This position is located in San Mateo, California. Remote location is negotiable.
The Research Associate II (RA II) will lead research and evaluation studies related to community service programs funded by AmeriCorps, including new projects as they arise.
The RA II will lead data preparation and quantitative data analysis for research and evaluation projects on national service programs to strengthen these programs responses to community needs. In this capacity, the RA II will work under Project Directors to manage Research Assistants and Research Associates working on statistical tasks. These tasks include sampling, weighting, data management, statistical analysis, developing reports and presentation. The RA II will proactively seek out ways to support clients and project teams by identifying and proposing appropriate solutions and services that can be provided. The RA II will actively cultivate long-term relationships with existing clients and partners and will also seek out potential new relationships by managing projects with excellence and providing consistently excellent customer service. The RA II will engage in a process of continuous commitment to excellent client relations, as focus on these relationships is one of the primary strategic roles of the position across all areas of his/her/their work. The RA II will be responsible for collaborating with senior staff working on community service programs and model an excellent approach to teamwork.
- Lead data collection efforts.
- Develop and monitor data collection plans.
- Lead the development of evaluation tools – surveys and other protocols to carry out research and evaluations.
- Develop interviewer training materials and training protocols.
- Lead evaluation research studies on community service programs and education-related topics, as directed.
- Conduct complex research and evaluation studies and designs including multi-site, randomized controlled trials, and quasi experimental studies.
- Provide analytical expertise in inferential statistics, multivariate statistics, and multilevel statistical modeling.
- Provide expertise in survey research and sampling methods including statistical matching procedures.
- Provide expertise for both simple and complex analyses (e.g., Time Series, Growth Curve Models, Propensity Score Matched Designs and/or Regression Discontinuity Design).
- Conduct data analysis in collaboration with other staff or alone; apply sufficient knowledge of statistical procedures and statistical programming to work independently on statistical analysis.
- Lead data interpretation and publications.
- Lead research and evaluation designs in collaboration with other team members.
- Write memoranda, e-mail correspondence, project documents, reports or sections of reports, literature reviews, and other written documents, in collaboration with other staff or alone.
- Lead the preparation and production of reports and presentations to include graphics, tables, arrangements for printing, etc.
- Develop plans and proposals in response to federal contract requests.
- Use specialized knowledge of a region or area of expertise to assist senior staff in investigating and developing new business opportunities through review of potential proposal requests, research for networking with other organizations, contacts and recruitment of subject matter experts in the area.
- Manage projects or lead key tasks, as directed.
- Manage and help manage workshops for clients, as needed.
- Prepare reports, including writing, proofreading, creating graphics or tables, making arrangement for printing, etc.
- Develop, with other team members, materials for presentation at conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Handle job tasks with minimal supervision, completing them in an accurate and timely manner.
- Master’s degree preferably in Sociology, Statistics, Education, Social Sciences, Community Psychology, Public Health or a similar field.
- Six years of relevant experience conducting quantitative research and evaluation in national service program, education or a related field.
- Strong project management background; Must be highly adept at multi-tasking.
- Ability to communicate effectively, ability to work independently or work collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment with multiple deadlines. Must demonstrate initiative.
- Experience conducting analysis in SAS, Stata, or R. Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Access, PowerPoint, Alchemer or other online survey services. Knowledge of research and evaluation design, statistical analysis techniques and familiarity with survey methods.
- Must be able to report to our San Mateo, California office, once it reopens. Remote location is negotiable.
- Ph.D. with two years of relevant experience.
- Experience in implementation science and its practice applications (e.g., in replicating evidence-based interventions) is a plus. Advanced experience with database development and management using MS Access or other tools and/or familiarity with SQL or SQLPlus is also a plus. Familiarity with and basic knowledge of non-profits and foundations, community service programs and volunteerism.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Due to our client engagements, we can only consider candidates who are self-represented and can work directly for any employer without requiring sponsorship.
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.