About the job Network Engineer, Hybrid/Columbia, MD
Network Engineer, Hybrid/Columbia, MD
- Hybrid - ability to work on-site in Columbia, MD a minimum 80% of the work week
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizens for this position
- NO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS PLEASE! CANDIDATES MUST BE SELF-REPRESENTED.
- Target Salary: Up to $190K (DOE)
Seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join our client's Zero Trust Center of Excellence. Working closely with other infrastructure teammates and the Chief Engineer, the network engineer will design, configure, manage, troubleshoot, and document all aspects of an enterprise-class physical and virtual network in a lab environment. Must be comfortable with developing solutions based on minimal guidance and best practices. Strong interpersonal communication skills are highly desirable. This position is Monday-Friday, 1st shift, full-time, on-site at company offices in Columbia, MD.
- U.S Citizenship
- BS in a technical field of study or 8 years of experience working as a Network Engineer
- Accredited networking certifications
- Ability to work on-site minimum 80% of the work week
- Experience defining and installing physical network connections to include transceivers and adapters, passive copper connecters and active fiber connectors
- Experience deploying and configuring Cisco iOS or Arista EOS to include L2 and L3 switching, trunking, VLANs, STP and BGP
- Experience deploying and configuring Palo Alto PAN-OS to include Firewall and VPN services
- Experience deploying and configuring fibre channel hosts, switches and endpoints (storage)
- Experience designing and implementing IP networks to include bare metal servers, virtual machines and containers
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Experience deploying and configuring Juniper SD-WAN Smart Session Router (SSR)
- Experience deploying and configuring VMWare NSX-T Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.