About the job Sr. Cyber/SOC Analyst (Secret Clearance), Hanover, MD
Sr. Cyber/SOC Analyst (Secret Clearance), Hanover, MD
- Direct hire
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizens with an Active Secret Clearance
- Salary: Up to $145K (DOE)
Our client, a leading cyber security firm, seeks a qualified Sr. Cyber/SOC Analyst to lead a security operations team to monitor and detect IT threats and support containment and remediation efforts. Position will be on-site in Hanover, MD.
- Serve as point of escalation for SOC analysts
- Provide mentorship to junior analysts
- Shape security operations improving response, analysis, and process
- Identify and communicate gaps that inhibit effective incident response activities
- Provide feedback and assistance with malicious activity detection logics and visualizations
- Document and report in accordance with customer incident response plan and emerging trends
- Collaborate with fellow analysts on cases and provide feedback to improve detection capabilities
- Maintain current skills and knowledge of cyber activity trends
- Active Secret Clearance - expected to obtain TS/SCI.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II+ valid certificate.
- 3-5 years Cybersecurity Analyst/SOC experience monitoring security events, providing notification, and escalating incidents.
- Experience in Security Information and Event Management (SIEM).
- Experience researching and evaluating emerging cybersecurity threats.
- Experience in IT infrastructure and operational application health and status monitoring and incident escalation.
- Experience assisting senior cybersecurity leadership with dashboard creation and improvement.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- BS in a technical field.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Security
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with exploit development, scripting, digital forensics, and file formats commonly used with configuration/data files
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.