About the job Software Production Support Engineer, Remote
Software Production Support Engineer, Remote
- Contract to Hire
- 100% Remote
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizens or Green Card Holders who are self-represented for this position.
Join a rapidly growing software development team that is developing solutions to provide observability, monitoring and future state AIOPS (Artificial Intelligence in IT Operations) solutions supporting the federal government and several contracting organizations.
Provide Production Support for a web based enterprise IT services monitoring solution. Be a part of the software production support for this software system in operation, support and help foster customer engagement, adoption and success.
Support the use of the product by end customers. Provide defect resolution, triaging, issue investigation and mitigation.
Support the enterprise monitoring system, by monitoring support channels, and interacting with CMS and/or various application development organizations and system support engineers to address system issues.
Interact with software engineering and development team to fix defects in the system. Understand how users use the system and provide usability data to business analyst and software developers for product improvement
You will understand the customer’s use of the product, and help develop an engagement model, center for excellence, adoption, training, service & support structure to foster adoption and growth of this product, and be a part of it’s growth, maturity and adoption. Provide on call support on a team rotation schedule.
- Defect resolution, triaging, prompt follow on to customer concerns on all support channels. Collect customer feedback into actionable items for product improvement
- Communication to affected stakeholders on system downtime
- Strong Critical thinking and Analytical skills to be able to identify and fix defects
- Establish relationships with stakeholders, understand how they use the product to improve usability
- Collaborate with software development team on product improvement
- Close the “last mile” on the product support cycle – with customers and stakeholders on enterprise dashboard statuses
- Document current processes and procedures supporting the Business Analyst in business process reengineering and product operational improvement efforts
- Asset tracking and management of services, support of daily operation
- Provide on call operations support on a weekly rotation schedule.
- Facilitate and manage issues from triage through to escalation and resolution
- Research, resolve, respond to, and document end user inquiries
- Manage discrepancies in reporting, manage and address incorrect service statuses concerns promptly
- Champion Service Monitoring Best Practices across customers and development team
- Work with a variety of stakeholders to deliver best in class service to maintain services in the enterprise monitoring solution software
- Maintain and help grow the service adoption to consumers
- Help develop SLAs with necessary teams
- Monthly PROD and NON-PROD Patching support as required
- Bachelor of Science in Computer science or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience specifically in a software production support engineer role. A junior to mid-level software engineer or support engineer who excels in supporting and troubleshooting software applications in production would be a good candidate for this role.
- Demonstrated experience fostering customer engagement and adoption of software and services.
- Prior experience working in a Scaled Agile (SAFe) environment as part of an ART and/or working as part of an Agile-Scrum team.
Some level of working knowledge of the following to be able to support troubleshooting:
- React/Redux, CSS, SCSS, D3
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, our client may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the customer site requirements.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.