About the job Business Analyst (Healthcare), Baltimore, MD/Hybrid
Business Analyst (Healthcare), Baltimore, MD/Hybrid
- Contract to Hire
- This is a hybrid role. Will need to be on-site in Baltimore, MD for orientation first week and as-needed.
- W2 only
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizen or a Green Card holders for this position
- NO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS PLEASE! CANDIDATES MUST BE SELF-REPRESENTED.
Seeking a Business Analyst who will be responsible for supporting a high-profile CMS system that provides Medicare beneficiary eligibility data to Medicare providers. The individual will interface with CMS stakeholders on a regular basis.
To be successful in this position, the individual must have practice in an Agile development environment, have experience working as an analyst on a CMS program, and be comfortable facilitating meetings with the CMS stakeholders.
- Participates in and/or facilitates Agile ceremonies as required.
- Writes or updates software requirements.
- Writes or updates Standard Operating Procedures as required
- Analyzes user needs to determine functional requirements for a wide variety of projects.
- Researches, identifies, and recommends resources required for task execution and completion.
- Performs functional modeling based on requirements analysis.
Serves as technical advisor to clients in assigned subject areas, recommends functional changes, and identifies areas for further investigation:
- Assists both internal teams and external stakeholders with questions pertaining to health benefit eligibility requests and responses received on EDI X12 270/271 transactions.
- Serves as the primary point of contact in resolving issues related to production EDI transactions for eligibility requests and responses and provider data, real time transactions, clearinghouse activities and other proprietary EDI formats
- Ensures HIPAA compliant code sets are properly maintained and applied in the HETS core systems and data mapping
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 5-8 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
- X12 transaction knowledge.
- Proficient with MS Office, HP ALM, Visio, Jira, and Confluence.
- Working knowledge of EDI business rules and transaction structure.
- Working knowledge of CAQH CORE Operating Rules.
- Working knowledge of healthcare business analysis.
- Experience working on CMS programs that handle sensitive Medicare beneficiary data.
- Some knowledge of Medicare programs and/or experience in a healthcare environment.
- Ability to perform technical and non-technical troubleshooting and diagnose and resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.