About the job Director of Business Development & Capture - Energy & Environment, Hybrid/Arlington, VA
Director of Business Development & Capture - Energy & Environment, Hybrid/Arlington, VA
- Hybrid role, but most be local to MD/DC/VA
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizens for this position
- Salary: $150-180K base + Commission/Bonus
Our client is seeking an exceptional, director-level leader to serve as their Director for Energy & Environment, Business Development and Capture, supporting the Energy and Environmental practice area as a part of the overall business development strategy.
The successful candidate will lead the capture of new business awards through developing teams and solutions responsive to the customer needs, leveraging superior intelligence on existing work, teaming with the right partners, and proposing innovative and compelling solutions to meet customer requirements. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing technical strategies that marry the company's expertise in energy and environment with cutting-edge technology to better solve complex data issues in the Federal space to increase win probability. The candidate will capitalize on the company's established range of service offerings for Federal customers, all delivered via industry best practices and processes. The successful candidate will develop strategies (i.e., win themes, management solution, technical approach/solution, teaming, and pricing); coordinate corporate resources; build teams of subcontractors; assess competition; present decision gate briefings to executive management; and manage bid and proposal funding, from the decision to bid to the post submission phase of an opportunity. The successful candidate will coordinate with marketing and proposal development, contracts, pricing and oversee bid completions. Will participate in special projects as required across the practice area vertical and with the Digital Solutions horizontal.
- Develop relationships with new and existing federal customers to determine their needs and match them to the company's capabilities. Provide expert guidance, recommendation, and vision with regard to assessing the client environment system and technology posture.
- Lead the development of technical approach in collaboration with customers, other Energy & Environment technical experts, and business representatives.
- Have a command of the Energy and Environmental industry to include renewable energy, resilience/microgrids, smart buildings, environmental compliance, NEPA, climate adaptation, and sustainability
- Have a working knowledge or desire to learn digital solutions in cloud, data analytics, and machine learning/artificial intelligence (AI/ML), with specific application to challenging energy and environmental problems such as grid reliability and emissions tracking
- Provide support in writing responses to Federal RFIs, RFPs, orals presentations, customer briefings. Provide expert support, analysis and research into capture problems, and processes.
- Think independently and demonstrate exceptional written and oral communications skills. Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Consult with and mentor project team resources to understand client challenges and preferences.
- Produce expert level white papers for Executive Leadership and external organizations.
- Maintain robust pipeline of opportunities follow a disciplined approach for opportunity capture, including daily maintenance of the CRM (Technomile).
- Participate in leadership level strategy and planning.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- A minimum of 10 years of experience leading marketing and capture efforts in the Energy & Environment space, with at least 3 years in Federal Sales, to include proposal development, preparation, analysis, writing, and reviews.
- Have a proven record capturing large full-and-open opportunities, as well as awards of strategically important GWAC and IDIQ vehicles.
- Collaborate with executive leadership, account managers, and technical groups to coordinate business development activities.
- Use her/his established network in federal agencies to actively meet with potential clients, identify new business opportunities, and serve as Capture Manager for identified strategic pursuits.
- Actively contribute to and direct a winning proposal process, interacting closely with internal service centers including proposal operations, pricing, talent acquisition, and contracts, as well as other organizations.
- Proven skills in all areas of capture, including assessing win probability and value for opportunity targets, capture strategy and planning, building winning teams and solutions, pricing to win, and capture process schedule adherence.
- Demonstrated record of federal agency client stewardship and capture/business development accomplishments.
- Experience in business development activities associated with identification, qualification, full capture and bid activities, and the knowledge to transition new business opportunities into operations.
- Experience in proposal pricing methodologies and strategies.
- Experience in managing and contributing to winning proposal content.
- Ability to plan, execute and deliver on projects in a timely manner, with the added ability to multi-task on varying projects and initiatives.
- Willing to take initiative and work independently when needed as well as successfully and effectively lead a team to meet department and corporate objectives.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with a variety of workstyles and personalities with a focus on high professional standards, strong follow-up, and successful project execution.
- Must have innovative management, project management and strategic planning capabilities to effect change.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with MS Office software suite.
- MBA or Masters in Environmental Sciences, Energy Resource Management, or similar
- Experience with business development tools and resources such as GovWin, BGov, or similar
- Clearable to DoD Secret and Position of Trust preferred
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.