About the job Software Engineer, Remote
Software Engineer, Remote
- Full-time, Direct Hire
- 100% Remote (Must be able to work EST hours)
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizen or a Green Card holders for this position.
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain and maintain a federal Public Trust/Suitability, which includes a requirement of U.S. residency for three out of the last 5 years
- Target Salary: From $130k - $140k (DOE) + Benefits
No Third-Party Recruiters Please. We can only work with individuals who are self-represented.
*** NOTE: This position requires a machine learning background in order to assist users of a machine learning platform.***
As the Software Engineer:
- You will work with architectures and the CTO team to assess and research technologies, AWS services, and frameworks for our Data, Cloud, & DevSecOps pipelines.
- You will support the Helpdesk team in identifying, administrating, triaging and resolving a variety of incidents and service requests.
- Identifying, administrating, triaging and resolving a variety of incidents and service requests.
- Resolving incidents using established guidelines and procedures with assistance from experienced engineers as needed.
- Documenting troubleshooting steps and current incident status in our case management system and maintaining a runbook for common issues.
- Shadowing engineering team to understand new product development, architectures, and workflows.
- Creating training guides and best practices documentation to share with user community on common operations and issues.
- Documenting, improving, and maintaining data strategies and artifacts, including logical and physical data models, data dictionary, data roadmap, and data security policies, using industry best practices and adhering to federal standards.
- Collecting data access patterns and reviewing current data models to optimize designs for customer use cases.
- Measuring and reporting on data quality, similarity, and lineages across all data sets.
- Maintaining a data catalog and automating metadata classification and publishing.
- Managing AWS data stores such as EMR/Hive, Databricks, RDS, Athena, and Redshift, while maintaining data governance, retention policies, and lifecycles.
- Reviewing and improving data governance policies and processes.
- Establishing and adhering to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) related to cloud resources Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), such as Recovery Point Objective (RPO), Recovery Time Objective (RTO), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR).
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years software engineering experience (or M.S. Computer Science with 3+ years of relevant experience).
- 3+ years of experience in AWS cloud data architecture and big data technologies, including EMR, Databricks, Hive, Spark, AWS Glue, Athena, and Redshift.
- Experience working in AWS.
- Experience with data lake architectures and building ETL pipelines to ingest, process, and store data.
- Experience with analytical tools such as SAS Viya, Databricks, AWS Sagemaker, AWS QuickSight, and EMR Notebook/Studio.
- Proficient with relational databases and advanced SQL.
- Comfortable troubleshooting complex data and systems interaction problems.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely in oral and written form.
- Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines.
- Knowledgeable with DevOps Configuration Management and IaC tools such as Ansible, Terraform, and CloudFormation, is a plus.
- Experience with healthcare quality data including provider data, beneficiary data, claims data, and quality measure data, such as Part A, B, C and D datasets, is a plus.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, our client may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the customer site requirements.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.