About the job Cloud Engineer (Network Team), Remote
Cloud Engineer (Network Team), Remote
- Contract to Hire
- 100% Remote
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizen or a Green Card holders for this position
**This position is an individual contributor and has no supervisory responsibilities. Provides functional expertise through day-to-day work tasks. Works under the supervision of management.**
The Cloud Network Engineer focuses on designing and supporting Cloud-based and hybrid networks that leverage F5, Cisco, FireEye, AWS, and other technologies across the environment. The Cloud Network Engineer works primarily within the AWS Cloud environment to harness the power and versatility of cloud-native and third-party technologies to achieve operational efficiencies, cost savings, and technical and security compliance. The Cloud Network Engineer provides design and support insights around networking, cloud solutions, automation, monitoring, security, and the customers infrastructure; providing deep technical expertise that encompasses all facets of our service delivery needs, including troubleshooting, solutioning, scoping, deployment, release, and Fulfillment.
- Collaborates with other parts of the organization, which includes other engineers, product owners and managers, security analysts, business analysts, architects, and developers, to implement Cloud and hybrid network services.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues in a hybrid AWS & datacenter infrastructure spanning numerous accounts and hundreds of VPCs, as well as physical and/or virtual platform technologies such as Cisco firepower and ASA firewalls, McAfee Web Gateway, F5 load balancers and more.
- Analyzes security vulnerabilities and assists in remediation.
Gathers technical and performance requirements, assesses client capabilities, and analyzes findings to provide appropriate cloud-based networking and related solution recommendations and adoption strategies.
- Develops, tests and implements code to automate network service delivery, scaling, deployment, release, and recovery.
- Experienced with deployment, configuration, and integration of third-party/ COTS applications in a cloud network.
- Bachelors Degree
Related Work Experience: 4-6 years
- AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS Certified Developer Associate, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate, AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, other AWS certifications, CCNA, Net+ SAFe for Teams, SAFe DevOps, or other SAFe certification.
- Extensive AWS infrastructure and topologies experience, including but not limited to EC2, Route53, ALB, NLB, Transit Gateway, Direct Connect, Security Groups, route tables, VPC, VPC peering, IP Sec tunnels, WAN routing, NATting, IP addressing, subnetting, IPv6, VIPs, and virtual server pools.
- Recent hands-on experience with F5 (LTM, ASM, SSLO) Load Balancers physical or virtual editions.
- Experience with SSL Certificates, Firewalls / VPN, and ZScaler.
- Understanding of DISA STIG compliance.
- Automation and IaC experience using Python, PowerShell, Terraform, and/or similar JSON or scripting languages.
- Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Jenkins, and GitHub experience
- Experience working with a CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience with cloud-based development and deployment.
- Transport Layer Security / SSL principles and management.
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (DNS, load balancers, reverse & forward Proxies, NTP, SNMP).
- Practical experience sizing compute and storage needs.
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project team.
- High availability and Disaster Recovery principles, patterns, and usage.
- Understanding of cloud ecosystems and leading-edge cloud emerging technologies.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, our client may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the customer site requirements.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industrys leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.