About the job Senior Cloud ETL Engineer, Remote
Senior Cloud ETL Engineer, Remote
- Contract to Hire
- 100% Remote
- W2 only (we offer various benefit options if needed)
- Target Salary: $140-150K
- Due to our government client requirements, we can only consider US Citizen, Green Card holders or EAD holders for this position. Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance and must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years.
As a Senior Cloud ETL Engineer you will provide operation and maintenance support to a Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) program in addition to support the mission of migrating the IDR Teradata data and ETLs from Informatica to the Snowflake cloud.
- Attend daily stand-up scrum calls.
- Collaborate in a "war-room" setting with business analysts, developers, testers, architect, scrum master, and product owner to assist in grooming, designing, coding, unit testing user stories related to the Program Increment and current iteration.
- Exercise positive interpersonal communication skills and works independently and within an agile team during all phase of the software development lifecycle.
- Design, develop and implement complex ETL processes of healthcare data to meet a wide range of business and system requirements.
- Support the ETL operational processes including but not limited to: automation, job scheduling, dependencies, monitoring, maintenance, patches, upgrades, security, and administration.
- Investigate and corrects software defects and analyzes and maintains data quality.
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior team members.
- Identify process improvements and innovative ways to solve existing or new problems.
- BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 8+ years of direct related computer programming experience.
- 8+ years of IT experience with at least 8 years of SQL development experience developing on multiple relational database platforms including Teradata.
- 2+ years of Cloud ETL development experience using AWS Services / tools, Databricks, Snowflake, and/or similar technologies.
- 6+ years of physical data modeling, partitioning and developing optimization/indexing strategies on the Teradata platform or similar DBMS.
- 2+ years experience with Informatica PowerExchange/ Informatica PowerConnect/ Informatica PowerCenter.
- 2+ years of experience with UNIX scripting and utilities.
- In depth knowledge on Data Warehouse (DW) concepts for ETL Development
- 2+ year of experience in Code migration and deployment using AWS resources in the cloud environment.
- 3+ years of experience in working with Python programming.
- Prior experience developing healthcare IT solutions strongly preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in Github, or similar version control tools.
- Prior experience using the Agile development framework, and CI/CD DevOps.
- Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No calls, inquiries, or Third-Party Vendors please.
- We are an equal opportunity employer (Unable to sponsor H1B Visas).
- $1000 Referral Bonus - www.aci.com.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, our client may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the customer site requirements.
Since 1988, The ACI Group, a Baltimore-based IT staffing firm, has been committed to hiring the industry’s leading professionals, and presenting exciting career opportunities. We have access to varied types of contract, permanent and contract-to-perm positions and offer a choice of employment options including a full benefits package.